Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Buck Down

Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First Buck Down

Well...he aint by no means a giant, but he is a great first buck, and a great first bow kill!! Shot him last night at 5:30. Found him this morning 200 yards away. Perfect shot though....sliced part of the heart and got the lungs, but he sure booked it.

He slipped in right behind me as i was watching two does working their way towards me about 300 yards off. I caught a glimpse of him to my left. The grass and thorns are so thick and tall that i lost him for a minute. When i saw him next it looked as if he was going to leave. He turned and stood in an opening, i pulled back and let one fly. He mule kicked and ran 20 yards where i lost sight of him. I waited an hour before getting down. I guess i must have bumped him when i got down because i heard some thrashing where i thought he was. When i found him this morning he was 2oo yards away and crossed a creek. Entrance was up behind the shoulder alittle back (was quartering away slightly...thought he was broadside) but exit was right behind the shoulder where you want it. Got the lungs and part of the heart. It was amazing...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 AM

Default RE: First Buck Down

Nice first buck! Is that a 2.5 year old?

Actually, looks like it has some features of a buck older than 2.5....but I don't know. Anyway, congrats!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats PA! Great deer and story! Glad you found him, can be tought to track once they cross a creek.
Way to go!

Parker
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulation's!!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRATS ....and good pics.

dd
Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

aint nuthin wrong with that.....congrats. My first one coulda been thrown in a duffle bag!

parker34...shot an 8pt this year that crossed a creek...lost a blood trail, on hands and knees and everything, so went to the creek that was close by and found a set of 'running' tracks, looked up the bank on the other side and he started bleeding aain thankfully....had he not had to struggle to get across I probably would have never found him
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Two thumbs upon a nice first deer! Very nice pics. Looks like a great spot to be hunting.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Feels good to get your first bow kill doesn't it?! Congrats!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 AM

Congrats on your first buck and nice photos.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats! Good shot and classy pics.

Quick Reply: First Buck Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.