HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bought my first ever safety harness today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/268357-bought-my-first-ever-safety-harness-today.html)

BigDaddy12t 10-16-2008 07:38 AM

Bought my first ever safety harness today

Yep, with all this talk about safety harnesses, I finally went out and bought one. I got the HSS Tree Stalker.;) From the time that I opened the package, to the time I had it on and all adjusted, was about 2 minutes, gotta like that.

mobow 10-16-2008 07:40 AM

RE: Bought my first ever safety harness today

Yep. I bought one of those myself. I absolutely love it, I'm just having some trouble finding the perfect position for the tether so I can shoot to my right.....And it's extememly comfortable, I don't even know I'm wearing it.....Love it.

dmen 10-16-2008 07:57 AM

I bought the hss and love it as well, it is like it is not their, plus it has alot of useful pockets.(could do without the velcro though)

Kamil 10-16-2008 08:04 AM

HSS= the best thing since sliced bread...Makes wearing a harness that much easier

SD Brownig 10-16-2008 08:18 AM

I purchased one for the fist time this year also...comfortable and easy to put on. One problem tho....last night was the first chance I had to go use it, my ladder stand is on a big cottonwood tree and the tether strap was not long enough to go all the way around.[:@]

Anyone have a similar problem and have a solution or should I just contact HSS for the right way to strap in on a big ol tree?

parker34 10-16-2008 08:30 AM

Nice Big Daddy!
I love my HSS vest! Nice purchase!!
The velcrois kinda noisy on the pockets. I think I might cut the velcro peices off the pockets so those pockets are more usefull.

Parker

BigDaddy12t 10-16-2008 09:36 AM

Should I throw it in the washing machine and wash it before I use it? Or will that hurt it. I was thinking about doing that, and then just hanging it out to dry.

parker34 10-16-2008 09:39 AM

I don't think i washed mine. a good spray over with scent killer spray should do the trick. Throw it in a pile of leaves for a couple days (assuming it is dry out)

BigDaddy12t 10-16-2008 09:45 AM

Thanks Parker!

solocamcan 10-16-2008 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Should I throw it in the washing machine and wash it before I use it? Or will that hurt it. I was thinking about doing that, and then just hanging it out to dry.
DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WASH MACHINE, it says not to do that on the instructions......Just get a 5 gallon bucket of another container similar in size and fill it with your scent away soap and put in there for about 10-15 mins. rinse with water and hang up to dry.