Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First bow kill

Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default First bow kill

A few weeks ago in the early archery doe season in PA, I shot my first deer with a compound bow. I am 15 years old and asked for a bow for the past Christmas after previously hunting with a crossbow ( I hunt in unit 2B where crossbows are legal ) in archery where I successfully harvested 3 deer. When i walked into the woods and to my stand I kicked out 3 does that were right under my stand and I was very frusturated because I figured that no more deer would be back to my stand that night. With the squirrels and chipmunks running around everywhere, everything sounds like a deer so I started to not even look when I heard something ,thinking it wasa squirrel. I finally turned to my left and saw this doe by herself with her head down eating andwalking right towards me. I immediately stood up and grabbed my bow off the hanger and snapped my release on. I was hoping the doe would continue to work her way on the trail she was on which gave me a great shot, however she turned and started to go behind me so I had to act fast. I saw an opening in front of her,right before she walked in front of the tree before the opening I saw, I drew back and as soon as her vitals were seen I pulled the trigger, placing the rage 3 blade behind her shoulder, making her fall and struggle untill I saw her drop 20 yards away. She is a little doe but I am still excited and this experience makes me look more forward to seeing and hopefully tagging a PA buck.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First bow kill

Congrats man!!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Are you sure that's a doe? I'm not trying to say anything other than.....I enlarged the photo and it looks like buttons, to me.

Either way.....congrats on your first.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, congrats
Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I do see that in the picture. But believe me it definatelyis a doe. I had to gut it. haha
Old 10-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I have no idea of everyone's experience level....so don't think I'm denouncing ANYTHING. It just looked like nubs when I enlarged it to 400%.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, On your first no matter what it isit does not matter.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats buddy
Old 10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first with a regular bow. Was it a better experience than with the X-bow?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 PM

Congrats

Quick Reply: First bow kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.