Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Leech?

Old 10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default String Leech?

Im having trouble getting an answer in the archery gear review forum.. Anyone use the string leech? Your thoughts on performance? Easy to put on?

Thanks, much appreciated

Adam Bowman
Old 10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Leech?

Better than the old cat wiskers. Never put them on as they came on my bow though.

I seem to remember some having trouble keeping them on speed bows. Kept shearing them off.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

i have used the string leaches since the first came out.....i like them....some dont cause after a while they do break....but thats jsut the way it works sometimes it will break if you have a bow that shoots very hard and they dont last as long......they do have a new one out now that isnt supposed to break as bad but i havent got to try them yet....im waitin on my new bow commin in to try them out
Old 10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

i have them and use them.. best vibration reducer i have ever used! breakafter about 300 or so shots though..
Old 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

i used the "super sting leech" or something...it had straight arms, not the bent ones like some do...the "arms" came perpindular off the string...

now im using Fuse String Shox....i love them...they got "leech arms" as well as alot more rubber in the shox part...the leech arms are also shaped to go around the string when they are shot...

i got probably 1000 shots from my last set of string shox...i dont even think my leeches EVER went bad...string went bad lonnnnng before the leeches did...
Old 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM

They work great but I have the problem of after a couple hundred shots they split in the middle and need to be replaced. May be normal wear and tear for them though ?? not sure.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up getting some, and when they eventually break,I'm gonna try the super string leech.
I was tired of replacing cat whiskers.

Thanks again
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up getting some, and when they eventually break,I'm gonna try the super string leech.
I was tired of replacing cat whiskers.

Thanks again
Whiskers last a long time if you cut them down to the size of a half dollar, and tied right. I tried to get away from them, butafter four years, I came back to them, and I'll keep using them for a long time to come, and no fuss or worry.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Fork Horn

I had string leeches on my bow, and the arms broke off. I went back to the good old cat whiskers, and haven't had a problem with them.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Not the fastest bow, but I shoot 287fps and dont have any trouble with my leeches. Best string silencer made imho

Quick Reply: String Leech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.