Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 custom arrow wraps and fletchings? >

custom arrow wraps and fletchings?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

custom arrow wraps and fletchings?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default custom arrow wraps and fletchings?

This may be the wrong section to ask n all but I tried to search for the thread that had them.

I'm looking to send my arrows off to someone that could fit custom wraps for me and change my fletchings and nocks if possible?

Thanks all.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: custom arrow wraps and fletchings?

Hey Missy, why don't you go and buy a bitz fletching jig and start doing it yourself.
I fletch and cut all my arrows and if you want custom wraps, try www.onestringer.com.
They make whatever you can come up with.
Bailsuk does his own arrows as well, it's a bit of handywork but you'll manage, you're a girl....

here's an example;

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM

I would be willing to do it for you, but honestly......It would be simpler for you to order the stuff and do it yourself. It's very easy to do and then you would be able to make repairs as needed.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest I never really thought about doing it myself. I thought it cost alot of money to do so and involved some skill.

Is it easy?

What about fletching your arrows by yourself?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

You can buy wraps for abot 10 bucks a dozen and a 100 pack of blazer flethcings is about 15 bucks a fletching jig( I have a cheap bohning) that ran me about 30 bucks plus glue (jsut regular super glue works) and you should be in business maybe about 50 bucks
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 AM

There's a LITTLE skill to it, but not much. Nothing you couldn't learn in about......2 or 3 arrows....LOL The only real art to it is how much glue to apply. You could do it though.

Here is a list of what I would recommend, and opinons here are going to vary greatly.

1. Jig and clamp. The Bitzenburger is the best in the business, but it cost around 70 dollars (US)...I use them at the shop I work for, but I bought a Grayling ($30) and it works EQUALLY as well. And for as little as you would use it.....That would be the way to go.

2. What ever fletching you want. Blazers, 4"...feathers, whatever.

3. Glue of your choice. There are a couple I like; Bohing quantum XT and Pine Ridge. But to be perfectly honest, good old Super Glue works just as well. The bohning is around $17 and the Pine Ridge 10.

4. Wraps. www.onestringer.com is the best there is. Mindy will take good care of you, and you can order pretty much whatever the heck you want. She'll make pretty near anything.

You can get everything you need to do it yourself for probably around $80. Shoot, you'll have more than that just shipping them back and forth.

There are a couple links floating around showing how to wrap and fletch, and it really truly is easy.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's pretty easy. & doesn't really cost too much.
Everyone likes the bitzenburger jig, and I have one, but you can still get good results with other brands.
There are a lot of differentglues out there too.AAE gel is really easy to use, and sticksamazing. If you fletch with feathers, use the fletchtape, makes them super easy. I would imagine you coulduse them on vanes, but the glue is easy enough with them.

Even though its easy, take a few junk arrows and practice on getting the settings & stuff. In about 2 arrows you'll be apro.

AS far as the wraps,all my research says onestringer is the best todeal with. I'll probably pick osme up thenext time I am due for arrows.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, it does sound pretty cool to DIY. I may invest in jig and pratice wrapping my arrows. Only thing that annoys me is i wonder how much the shipping would cost to here.

As long as I dont have my fletchings squinty then i'll be happy
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

I ordered mine from Bowhuntersuperstore and with the current dollar rate it would be as cheap as buying it over here....
Where do you buy your arrows ? Don't they have any equipment for fletching ?
I hope you can buy your arrows precut or else you'll need to buy an arrowsaw or make one as well.
I use goattuff glue and that works very good. I can recommend the blazer vanes as well, since you're going to be hunting with those arrows, they fly great with broadheads.
And you can find tons of vids on youtube how to fletch.....

Frank
Belgium
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my arrows in Kentucky. I have 6 and I want to use a custom wrap on them and change the fletching and nock.

Quick Reply: custom arrow wraps and fletchings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.