Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Careful!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Be Careful!!!

What in the world is going on this year? We have had three (that I know of) hunting fatalities this season in South Carolina and the season just opened in some parts of the state. One was a hunter falling from a tree stand. He was wearing a harness, but fell before he hooked it up. The other two (one was a 16yr old boy) were accidently shot when a "hunter" heard a noise and shot at it.

There have been several other hunting related deaths through out the country.

Guys/Gals please be careful.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Be Careful!!!

I've heard of many more hunting related injuries and fatalities this year than I've ever heard of before. Maybe it's just that it's easier for word to get around these days, but in any case, it's made me rethink a lot of what I have been doing.

You can never be "too safe". There are many dangers out there, take precaution where you can.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Be Careful!!!

I don't understand how people shoot at a noise without seeing what it is, that just makes no sense to me. Shoot and see what prize you will get behind bush number 1, come on. Some people never cease to amaze me. People that do that should have there license revoked for a number of years then have to retake the hunter safety class. That defiantly brakes man law and deserve a monster sack punch.