HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/268116-bow-hunt-only-both-bow-gun-hunt.html)

gregrn43 10-15-2008 01:41 AM

RE: BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

Bow, Muzzleloader, and gun which ever is in season

GMMAT 10-15-2008 02:44 AM

As a "BOWHUNTER", I hunt with a bow the entire deer season. If it weren't for the "Bow" part....I wouldn't be a deer hunter.

Substitute "gun" for "bow" in the above....and tell me that is your preference and I'll tell you "kudos". It's simply a personal choice.

BUCKMARK 10-15-2008 04:34 AM

Alot more satisfaction getting it done with a bow. But during the shotgun seasons I will be out there just the same...

PreacherTony 10-15-2008 04:54 AM

I do it all

Pops423 10-15-2008 05:28 AM

I choose to give up the gun because essentially I have. The only places I really have to gun hunt in Western PA are invaded by the masses on opening day and it's just not fun anymore. I spent all morning in a stand and had a road hunter tell me I shot her buck out from her. Funny thing is, she would have had to shoot past me to get it. Just really got to me. Haven't gun hunted since.

BowHuntingFool 10-15-2008 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

As a "Hunter" I Bow Hunt in Bow season, Gun Hunt in Gun season, and Black Powder hunt in Black Powder Season.

Exactly what I do, I am a diehard HUNTER!:)

Finch 10-15-2008 05:58 AM

I think I took out the rifle twice last year. I bowhunted the rest of the time.

finner 10-15-2008 06:28 AM

quote:

As a "Hunter" I Bow Hunt in Bow season, Gun Hunt in Gun season, and Black Powder hunt in Black Powder Season.
I do this also, but some day i foresee me hunting with the bow only.

Gundeck 10-15-2008 08:12 AM

Ditto, ditto and ditto!

WV Hunter 10-15-2008 09:00 AM

I prefer to bow hunt, and do alot. I dorifle hunt and m/l hunt as well, but often take my bow out during those seasons too. It really depends on my mood and the situation of my hunt. Now that I am spending more time hunting with my kids, when we go its been with the gun. If I am solo, 80% of the time its with the bow.

Clear as mud, right? [8D]