HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/268116-bow-hunt-only-both-bow-gun-hunt.html)

psearcher4life 10-14-2008 08:08 PM

BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

So just wondering who does what. Are you a die hard bowhunter who only hunts with archery tackle. Are you a guy who hunts with a bow and also a gun. or are you a guy who is aa bowhunter 99% of the time, but when the season is running close to the end and you have a tag left out the gun comes.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-14-2008 08:18 PM

RE: BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

Bow only unless I pick up my turkey gun.

GR8atta2d 10-14-2008 08:25 PM

As a "Hunter" I Bow Hunt in Bow season, Gun Hunt in Gun season, and Black Powder hunt in Black Powder Season.

Southern Buck 10-14-2008 08:28 PM

As a "Hunter" I Bow Hunt in Bow season, Gun Hunt in Gun season, and Black Powder hunt in Black Powder Season.
X2 couldn't have said it better myself;)

Rory/MO 10-14-2008 08:29 PM

x3!

Huntinman23 10-14-2008 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

X2

SwampCollie 10-14-2008 08:31 PM

When it comes to deer hunting, I am pretty much bow only.

There are occasions when I'll go on a man drive or dog drive hunt with the shotgun along with my buddies just to be social and have fun, but when it comes to stand hunting... I'll always take the bow over anything else.

Ducks, turkeys and small game however, they do get the blast treatment!

gtownbuckbuster 10-14-2008 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Southern Buck

X2 couldn't have said it better myself;)
well x 5 or whatever x's it is now

Scott/IL 10-14-2008 08:41 PM

I shotgun hunt during Illinois 2 seasons. They do not allow us to carry a bow (stupid law IMO), so if you want to deer hunt during those days then you have to cary a gun.

The action gets pretty good during this time, but in my area you almost have to focus more on where the deer will run when spooked instead of where they naturally move.

Probably overhalf of my shotgun bucks were within in bow range.

DaRookie 10-14-2008 08:46 PM

I hunt bow and rifle. I'm bow through black powder season, then some friends and I do a two week camp where we rifle hunt. For the last part of the season I'll alternate depending on who I'm going with and what they want to do.