Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Painting pictures and chasing the ladies >

Painting pictures and chasing the ladies

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Painting pictures and chasing the ladies

Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Painting pictures and chasing the ladies

I guess we all need to stop and take in what's around us more often. I was walking a pasture fence (not that one...lol...another property I hunt has horses) this morning (in the pre-dawn darkness)and I just came to a stop and looked and listened. It was surreal. The full moon.....fog in the bottom.....looking down the pasture fenceline with the dew dripping off of it......No sounds except the horses grunting a little....

If I could have a painting of that I'd cherish it. I'll have to live with the memory, though.

Anyways....Saw eight this morning....including another little buck. That's more bucks, this year than last, in exactly half the sits. Something's looking up.

Funny this time of year. The young bucks don't know what to do....and the yearling does don't either. When their biological clock kicks in THEY will (the does)....but this little buck was chasing every lady in the woodlot. Another thing to stop and just take in.

He was a little 4 or 6 (couldn't tell if he had brow tines)....but a 1.5yr old for sure. Funny to watch......and that and the scenery going in made it a great sit. I had to leave early to get back to the granite guys (remodeling my wife's kitchen.....or I'd sat it out. With the weather in the 40's....they're moving. Bad thing....it's supposed to get to 85, later today.

Take it all in....every chance you get.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM

Default RE: Painting pictures and chasing the ladies

good post jeff, I had this same feeling come over me last week... You know I went to Pulaski where it's deer heaven and I only saw 15 deer in 4 days...granted I saw 9 different bucks, I never drew the bow on a deer...I had my chances but chose to hold off...as I walked out of the ground blind Sat night I was dissapointed....mad...and depressed...then it hit Sunday morning.....as i looked back on the 4 day trip I saw 15 deer, everytime I was in the stand i saw deer...I had 2 gobblers gobbling 6 yds from my tree sat morning and had 3 bucks walk by at 65 yds....it was a great morning...sunrise, morning dew, and fog lifteing with rays of the sun bursting through.....what trip and what an experience...I had to remind myself that.......
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep a journal almost daily. Whether I am hunting, fishing or just taking care of the place, I put down what was important to me that day. Will never be on the best seller's list, but when I read back through what I've already written, it brings back those days to me. I also take a LOT of pictures with my cameras and keep a digital photo album. Some day when my memory is worse than it is now, hopefully they will bring back some of those memories.

But in the meantime I just thank the Good Lord for giving me experiences that leave me in awe.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

This past spring while turkey hunting I was waiting for the sun to come up and wondered how many different sounds my brain and ears were taking in and processing. I was in a creek bottom in a blind...and between the bugs, frogs, birds (yep, the two bart owls), distant noises like gravel driveways, etc. I stopped counting at 2 million.

The best thing about a morning hunt is watching mother nature wake up!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm thinking water is where the color cobalt blue came from.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT, amen brother. Great post and you are absolutely correct. Sometimes just watching that sunrise is enough to be a satisfying day.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful! Brother Jim! This is what I had out my back window this morning...

Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Beautiful! Brother Jim! This is what I had out my back window this morning...

Are you kidding me!?! What I wouldn't give to have that scene in my back yard. You are a lucky man!