Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IS yours a Team Effort?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default IS yours a Team Effort?

The post from the guy from Kansas got me thinking. How do you hunt? I mean with so many filming these days it seems hunting is becoming a team thing. It does sound like fun, I just don't have that type of friend, near me. How do you primarily hunt.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IS yours a Team Effort?

I hunt by myself 90 percent of the time. The other times I hunt with my buddy. He and I scout alot together and hunt many of the same areas. Our schedules just don't align much these day as both of us work different hours and have small kids.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first time videotaping will be when my son has his first bow hunt during the rut. I sometimes hunt with a friend in another stand within 1/4 mile, but most of the time I'm out there on my own with my wife informed of which stand I'll be in.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Its a rare day I enter the woods without a cameraman or as a cameraman these days. Id say 80+% of the time, we are filming. It is more challenging, but adds a new element to hunting that I enjoy. I still enjoy hunting by myself just as much as the next guy, but I like being on stand with a good friend. Helps pass time during slow times and also disciplines you to sit still, longer, and be more attentive. Can't slack off and go nap with someone watchin you over your shoulder. lol
Old 10-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

99% of my hunts are alone. I just dont know anyone else near me who hunts. Or that bow hunts anyway.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always hunt with someone else, but between me and him we have 250 acres combined so were are always far apart
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt by myself 99% of the time. Maybe once or twice a season my cuz and i will hunt together.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt with friends as much as i can,but so far on 17 hunts this year i was with my brother once. It was the night i shot and never recovered my buck. I plan on filming some hunts this weekend.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

80% of the time, I hunt&film alone.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am not much of a people person i do not go out and hang around with groups of people. infact the one guy i talk to on a normally basis is a 75 year old neighbor.
So i hunt alone. i am trying to get my dad into it. I had two guys offer to hunt with me but one liked to shoot out of season i want nothing to do with that. The other guy was totally stupid and not someone i want to be around.

I just bought a camcorder. i hope i can at least get my dad into it to shoot the video for me

Quick Reply: IS yours a Team Effort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.