Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new sight

Old 10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default new sight

I have a reflex excursion Everything i have is on the higher end but the sigh my mom and dad bought it when they bought the bow for me for xmas.

I want to change it out for a top of the line sight. I would like a 5 pin. Real bright the brighter the better. I am thinking around 100 bucks or so.
What would you recommend
Should i go with a Pendulum Sightsor fixed pin

Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new sight

Black an Gold or Spot Hogg.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Fork Horn

Spott Hogg is among the best.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Spot Hogg is the best out there in my opinion.....you can also buy the Hogg Wrap to make them brighter for about $70
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 AM

Spot Hogg!!! and don't look back.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am really happy with my G5

Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Spike

i used a multi pin sight for years , till i found a pendulum sight i liked (most will bind if on a slight angle ) i now use a predator pendulum sight and a no- peep this set up works well for me and i will never go back to a multi pin sight .... and i never have to guess yardage again or use a range finder
i regularly practice on soup can lids and am accurate from a tree out to 45 yards
the only disadvantage is from the ground i i have to shoot 30yds or less as it isnt accurate much past that
but for me its not much of an issue as i hunt from a stand 99% of the time

my kid says i should tell you what a "no-peep" is it is a device that mounts to the bow near your sight window and gives you a visual indication as to you form (anchor point) no need for a peep on the string and is by far the best 40 bucks i have ever spent on gear and not having to look through a peep greatly increases my field of view
Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

montana black gold flashpoint. love mine, the fiber optics have a light sensing cover over them. in sunlight, it turns dark purple to block out light and dim the pins so they aren't so bright they block out the target. the darker it gets the clearerthe covergets to soak up more light and brighten the pins according to how dark it is. i love technology
Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sword Accusite!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Spot Hogg, the one on my hunting bow is one of the 1st they sold. This will be its 8th or 9th season. Has been to Canada 3 times and as far west as KS. Tough as nails and never moves.

Quick Reply: new sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.