Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What time are you seeing deer? >

What time are you seeing deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What time are you seeing deer?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What time are you seeing deer?

I have noticed over the last several days that the deer on my trail cam have all been pretty late. Most are well after dark and some between the hours of12am to 4am. Has anyone else noticed this??? Do you think it is due to the semi full moon at this point????
Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What time are you seeing deer?

The deer that I have been getting on my trail cam seem to be between 10:00 PM, and 5:30 AM (most of these being bucks). The times I have seen deer on stand are usually right at dark.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM

The deer come into the field behind my house right before it gets to being too dark to shoot. Dont have a trail cam so dont know what them bucks are up to.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:28 PM

Most of the ones i see are early. Like 3pm-5pm. I dont have a trail cam so there may be a bunch more coming by later at night.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you all think its because of the semi/full moon? They are saying cooler temps coming for the weekend opener for us. 35 in the morning and 50's for the day. I hope that gets them moving a little closer to daylight hours
Old 10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have seen none when hunting i saw two does one morning around 10 another doe and four deer to far to see when walking out in a field.
I saw three across the lake i was hunting this morning when leaving i have come to the fact i am leaving to early. from now on i will not leave before noon and am going to try and stay till 3 or so
Old 10-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not[:@]
Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seeing them 1 hour + before sunset and milling about the woods from 11:30 - 1:00 PM. Morning time, they're still back in their bedding before shooting hours.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 PM

I have been studying the moon's affect on deer movement for quite a while. So far... inconclusive. Take a look at rd-hc.com watchthedeer.com and dakotawild.com live deer cams on wild deer. I have at least one of the above sites going at all times, and have been logging movement times.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just read the article in American Hunter magizine on deer movement.
They radio collared a bunch of bucks (different areas of the country). They said the movement during different moon phases was not substantial either way. Good read.

Quick Reply: What time are you seeing deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.