Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 % of hunters not using a harness >

% of hunters not using a harness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

% of hunters not using a harness

Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: % of hunters not using a harness

ORIGINAL: TX_Hoghunter

I have never sued anyone and don't plan on it. I have also had medical insurance my entire life.
Not to be argumentative but most medical insurance would not cover ongoing medical care that would go into the million dollar range. I am betting that if it came to your family losing their home, among other things, you, me, most anybody would sue somebody to prevent that from happening . Maybe they will make an "airbag vest" so that if people don't wear a safety harness the vest inflates before you hit the ground and cushions your fall LOL .
Old 10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

mines on
Old 10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

This is just one of the things that we will all have to agree to disagree on. No hard feelings on my part. Hope ya'll feel the same.

-john

P.S. If a squirrel falls from a tree and breaks his back its time to run that sucker down and put himin a pot. Not much better then properly cooked tree rat.....
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

I think the dangers of wearing 1 outweigh the chances of not wearing 1.
Not really sure what that's supposed to mean!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

HAHA, wow, you just need to know how to make the landing soft. I think the dangers of wearing 1 outweigh the chances of not wearing 1.
Bowtech 360,
Could you please elaborate on this a bit. I'm not clear on what you were trying to say here
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I wear one 100 percent of the time. I am not scared of many things, but being paralyzed is one of them.
10-4, I agree 100%. Besides that I got kids to raise and even if the odds of me falling and being seriously injured are 1 in 1000 I'm not willing to risk it.

However, there was a time when I never paid it any mind and if I remember correctly I had a couple of close calls then. Never again.

The harness systems on the market now are so easy to use, for those that don't use one......WHY NOT? Just curious.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

TX Hoghunter. You have every right not to make that personal decision and i hope it works out for you and you family. I really do.
I used to not wear a seatbeltbut began wearing one the day my first daughter was born almost 18 years ago. As i said before i hunt from the ground on their request. I have made many more changes to my outlook on doing certain things because i want to personally be there for them in the ups and downs in their lives. Not just be there in theorm of an insurance check.
I hope one day you make a different decision but for now good luck and successfull hunting.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

It is a personal choice for every individual. No arguments from me on that.
I do wear a harness and it really isn't a big deal. Yes the ones you get when you buy a stand are a little cumbersome, but not impossible. How hard would it be to put it on and write on each strap, "left leg goes in here" etc.

The harness I use is a Hunters Safety System vest model. It was about $90 i think. It is real easy, buckles like a seat belt around each leg and has 2 or 3 buckles across the abdomen/chest.

Who ever said they can't pull their bow back with the harness on, they simply are not practicing enough, badreason for not wearing one in my opinion. yeah the strap might get in the way, but you can move it higher to allow for the range of motion needed -not too tough.

I shot a nice doe Oct 4th, wearing my harness, worked great! After I watched her disappear in the brush and after the adrenaline wore offfrom the shot, I tried to move my feetto sit down and stepped off the front of my climber. Now,I was able to steady myself before I fell off, but that was the closest I've come to falling in 15 years of hunting. I didn't end up needing the harness to keep me from falling, but looking back, I am glad I was wearing it as a back up.

Good luck to all this season!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

That must have been a scary feeling Parker
Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

you bet it was. falling would have ruined a great hunt too after shooting a deer!

Quick Reply: % of hunters not using a harness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.