Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 % of hunters not using a harness >

% of hunters not using a harness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

% of hunters not using a harness

Old 10-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: % of hunters not using a harness

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Ha, I dont wear 1 all the time because its uncomfortable and I cant draw my bow with it on well. And I cant afford another better kind because the iPhone aint cheap to use.
At least your priorities are all right.
If your lucky enough to break just your lower spine you will have a great phone to play games on until the rescue squad gets there.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Ha, I dont wear 1 all the time because its uncomfortable and I cant draw my bow with it on well. And I cant afford another better kind because the iPhone aint cheap to use.
At least your priorities are all right.
If your lucky enough to break just your lower spine you will have a great phone to play games on until the rescue squad gets there.
Well I know this isnt funny, but there is a G force meter on it and it can tell me how many G's you pull falling to the ground. I will try and wear 1 but I cant see how you can shoot a deer and wear 1 at the same time.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will try and wear 1 but I cant see how you can shoot a deer and wear 1 at the same time.
Are you serious? Those of us on here have probably arrowed thousands of deer successfully while wearing a harness.....there is nothing to it!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Send me your address in a pm I'll send you one.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

start a poll and find out. I do not i should and will next year by the time i found one to fit me i was out of money
Old 10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

And yet, another sad post! How many times I saw during this last summer that people were trying to give away some of the extra harnesses that they have accumulated from buiying new stands, and so many of you still don't wear them. Statistics would indicate that a certain percentage of you who don't wear one will fall from your treestand sometime this Fall. Hope you have a good life insurance policy so your family won't suffer a financial burden along with the grieving that they will do over their loss.

Sorry, someone had to be the one to do it!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Count me as an I do'er and never go up without it. Guy died across the road from our camp last week hanging a stand. He wasn't using one and fell to his death. I have two kids and a great wife. That is incentive enough to wear it.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My mothers boss while I was in college fell from his treestand while bowhunting. Nearly broke his back and shattered a ton of his ribs. He nearly died because he did not have a cell phone and had to struggle out of the woods. That made an impression on me.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a harness, but I do strap in when in a climber or hang-on.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

I forgot to add that I am amazed by the number of you who don't. You guys are nuts.

Quick Reply: % of hunters not using a harness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.