Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Losing the killer instinct ... >

Losing the killer instinct ...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Losing the killer instinct ...

Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Losing the killer instinct ...

i would feel bad for two seconds and if i had another tag i would shoot the fawn to help it get back with it's mommy in heaven then eat both.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I've passed several does......fawns.....does WITH fawns, this season. It's probably not the best idea, with what I'm trying to do, here.....but I've done it with no regrets.

That's my thing....I NEVER want to have a regret after I release an arrow. So far - so good.

I've taken a yearling doe and two really mature does, this year. Only one was alone.....but the others were in groups....so I had no way of knowing who was with who.

I "may" get to a point this year where I'll take a doe fawn.....and I might not. I'll have NO regrets if I do (decide to take one or two), though. None. They need thinning, here....and taking out all age classes isn't a bad thing.

Until you've hunted in another man's woods/shoes.....you have no educated idea of what he's up against OR what his desires are. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt most every time.

Good luck to all.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

I think its all good nothin wrong with enjoyin watchin em, lots of time just as good as shooting them, Now if you start feelin sorry for the 160 milling around under your tree, give me your address so i can come beat some sense into you.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i would feel bad for two seconds and if i had another tag i would shoot the fawn to help it get back with it's mommy in heaven then eat both.

I've definately feltthat waytoo, in fact I HAVEshot a doe and fawn together (with a gun) without any regret.

It just seems different watching the same pair interact every night, I guess it's hard too describe.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2droptine

I think its all good nothin wrong with enjoyin watchin em, lots of time just as good as shooting them, Now if you start feelin sorry for the 160 milling around under your tree, give me your address so i can come beat some sense into you.
LOL! Better yet, you give me YOUR address in Illinois then maybe I'd have a 160 under my stand, not many around here