Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Users

Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rage Users

After a successful shot, how do the Rages keep up?

Are the blades brittle? Easy to clean? Resharpen easily?

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rage Users

I boughttwo packs in '07. Brknarrow gave me a few more. So....I have no more new ones, now. I've got most of them left......and I have maybe 3-4 that I need to replace the blades on. I just cleaned up the one I killed the doe with last night.....and I'll sharpen it and stick it back in the quiver, tomorrow (after I go through the entire little process I go through with it).

I've found them to be quite durable.

I'm sure I've got a few that have killed more than once.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can resharpen or replace the blades after about all the shots. You'll get the occasional one that the blades bebd, but that's to be expected. I usually just throw a new head one, and just set the one I shot the deer with to the side. However the new Rage's seem to not have the Allen screw through the center holding the blades in, the "new" system is sort of a punch pin, or something along those lines. No threads. This is just how it "looks" to me, I haven't dissassembled a new one.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. Anyone else?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a rage that i shot a doe with this year and i cleaned it up and put it back in the quiver... it was perfectly fine... just got to make sure the tip isnt bent on it... Other than that i love mine!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had one blade bent on the doe i shot last week but it was a hard quartering shot that passed through the shoulder. i wouldnt expect any blade to do better with that angle of a shot
Old 10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

The buck I shot, the head went into the offside shoulder and never exited. He ran maybe 50 yards and expired. The blades are almost twisted around the hozel. I'm guessing the twisting from him running didn't help, northe fact that he fell on my arrow. I'll replace the blades if I need the head as I have many.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed 3 deer with the same head now. All 3 were pass thrus with the head buried in the dirt. Hit a few ribs with them too,No bent blades. A few small nicks, but I sharpened it back up to shaving sharp and good to go.

They are pretty dang durable for a 2" mechanical head.I used to shoot Rocket Hammerheads. They were a once and done head.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last deer I shot with a rage the blades were completely missing when I found the arrow. They fell out after exiting the deer because the exit hole had both blades.

I wasn't going to use my rage heads because i wasn't happy w/ them from the time before but i hadn't had a chance to shoot my muzzy's. except for the blades falling out i was happy w/ the results this time (seriously). The doe fell within sight and made a huge entrance and exit hole.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have killed 6 whiteail deer with them and haven't destroyed a head yet. I make sure the blades are straight and that the blades slide freely. Last, I re-sharpen and check the o-ring.

Buy them. You won't be dissapointed - unless you enjoy crawling around your hunting area on your hands and knees at night with a flashlight and bits of toilet paper.

Quick Reply: Rage Users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.