Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Minnesota Buck

Old 10-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big Minnesota Buck

I seen this on another site, I was wondering how he managed to find this guy with that shot placement.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Big Minnesota Buck

That shot placement isn't really all that bad (Edit....Actually....it's DAMNED good). And....one thing about it....it's 100% lethal.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a great buck. I wish I could say the same for the shot choice, although deadly. I think he got a lung, but a risky (desperation)shot at best.[:@]
Old 10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Dominant Buck

You look at that arrow and imagine its' path all the way through that deer. I don't know if this guy's setup warrants the shot....but the shot PLACEMENT (which is what the thread header referenced) wasn't suspect to me, at all.

If that was a short shot.....I'd take it in a heartbeat (with my setup). It's 100% lethal.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Spike

Judging by the angle of the arrow, he probably hit his mark perfectly. With that said, I always pass on that shot and hope for a better angle.
Either way, thats a huge buck.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

MANY would say that this shot was "poor" or uncalle for....but the angle and the proximity of the deer warranted the placement.

Look familiar?

In this case....the exit wound was on the front brisket. She went about 100yds, amazingly....and I'm guessing the buck pictured above was dead in seconds.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

While he got ONE lung here (that's all he could have gotten), he had no exit/blood trail, which I would not call "perfect". That deer was all but going straight away.Deadly? Yes. Ideal? Not close. JMHO
Old 10-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck, nice shot as well! Tough shot but if you know your gear and your confident, I say take it!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

EI....you're leaving out a few things.....like the possibility (distinct) of taking out the heart and/or liver, as well.

The shot I depict above wasnn't straight away....or I wouldn't have taken it. it was an (admittedly) hard quartering-away shot from 9 yds.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's now the 3rd time this buck has been on here the last 2 weeks. He did get one lung and the liver If I remember right.

Quick Reply: Big Minnesota Buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.