Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How hot is too hot? >

How hot is too hot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How hot is too hot?

Old 10-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How hot is too hot?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Ya know BHF....that's a great point (what if the shot isn't "perfect"?).

I know I change my outlook when it's hot. It needs to be even MORE of a slam-dunk. I learned this the hard way, unfortunately.
I hear ya, I learned it the hard way as well! It was no fun, luckily I can take off work whenever I want, other wise I never would of gotten to the deer in time this last season! For the guys that hunt in the heat, make sure you have a plan in case things take a turn for the worst, believe me it happens!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

last year was real hot but the first week here was beautiful up until friday and saturday afternoon. i wont make it out tomarrow but hopefully the rest of the season ill be out everyday atleast in the afternoon
Old 10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The after the shot scenario is a great point. We've been fortunate with this brief heat spurt we've been having that the evenings are cooling down nicely, however. I will probably hunt one of my easy to get to stands that works with the wind we're having. I had originally planned to pack the climber in, but I doubt I will do that in the heat.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was hot last year the first couple weeks here in Va high 80s low 90s. But we still saw some good deer and good buck movement too. The mornings were still relatively cool and they were moving till about 9 in the morning cause when it got hunt- boy did the woods just shut down. I'll still hunt these hot temps. cause I know I'll still see deer, but, like someone mentioned before, you have to get them taken care of quickly, especially in the morning to avoid spoiling.

Fast forward to this year- I would say the avg. temp as been a low of 48 and high of 73 the first couple weeks. I can deal with that. But tomorrow is supposed to be 81 and and Tuesday a high of 85! Still though- cool mornings. I'm going to hunt these days regardless cause I won't be able to hunt for about a week after Tuesday.