Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting Into The Wind >

Shooting Into The Wind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting Into The Wind

Old 10-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Shooting Into The Wind

Shooting Into the Wind

Well guys, I'm guilty, Ihave never praticed this before. I was out yesterday morning and as I was walking out from my morning hunt, I caught a doe feeding upwind of me at 90 yards. So I decided to try a stalk andgot to with in 31 yards before I decided to shoot. I ranged her and had about a 45 mile an hour wind blowing straight at me. I have 2 inch blazers and when I released, I was blown away at how loud they became in the wind. The deer heard them before 10 yards and was ducking asap. She never did see me and walked slowly away from the location back into the woods.I was totaly shocked at how loud the blazers became. I must admitt I have never shot into the wind before so noone else to blame but my self. I can't remember a situation where I would have had the wind play such a role in the out come of my shot.Anyone else out there with a same kinda thing happen to them ? Just feeling ,thanks guys.So much for the give me shot,LMAO.
Rocky[:@]