Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TOO WARM IN PA, DEER AREN'T MOVING >

TOO WARM IN PA, DEER AREN'T MOVING

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TOO WARM IN PA, DEER AREN'T MOVING

Old 10-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default TOO WARM IN PA, DEER AREN'T MOVING

I haven't seen any deer movement in a couple of weeks, they must be moving well after dark. It must be way to warm. Anybody in Pa having the same problem?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TOO WARM IN PA, DEER AREN'T MOVING

I saw some movement this morning just after first light and that was it. With the weather supposed to get into the 80's again by Tuesday it looks like summer isn't ready to give up just yet.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Spike

I've seen 8 deer and 1 bear so far. I saw one around 8 a.m, and the rest between 5:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.I wont be back out until Thursday its going to be to warm. Then it looks like it might cool down a little bit.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Saw far I have hunted two days in PA, saw 5 deer, 3 this morning at 7:25 and the other two were the first day right at dark, to dark to tell what they were.

Today it was 70+ degrees so I went to New York and scouted it out and hung two stands..with all the sign I found, it looks like I will be there spending alot of time until I fill my tag.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

opening day they were moving but nothing today seen some in the morning on the way to work tho
Old 10-11-2008, 05:00 PM

Down here in VA, and it was a warm one last Thursday Oct. 9th, but i saw 5 deer and actually stalked within 45 yards of a nice buck...They were moving , but they were cutting the corner of the filed. I guess there isn't enough presure to keep them in the woods the entire time.....maybe a couple of weeks..
Old 10-11-2008, 05:15 PM

Could be theOctober LUll.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 9 (possibly 10) this morning including a small basket rack 6 point. Tonight was the first sit of the season with no deer sightings on stand. I did see 6 on my way out feeding in the fields, but this was after legal hours. So far I've seen 36 on stand, and probably another 10-15 as I was leaving. Tonight was the warmest of them all though, so I'm sure it's effecting them some.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

I have hunted 7 times so far and have been on average seeing around 11-12 deer every sit.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not the case here. I had my most productive sit tonight. 2 bucks, and 7 doe. I have seen more doe in a sit but not with bucks and does together. It may be a bit warm, but it is still cooling off quite a bit at night. I will take this weather anyday over what we had last year at this time.

Quick Reply: TOO WARM IN PA, DEER AREN'T MOVING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.