Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missouri Help!!?? >

Missouri Help!!??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missouri Help!!??

Old 10-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Spike

Default Missouri Help!!??

Alright...we're headed out Saturday morning from Alabamato spend the week bowhunting andare still not sure of which conservation area to hunt.I've done hours of research and spent hours on Google Earth looking over aerials of the areas. Can someone please give me some advice on an area where we'll have a chance to kill a nice buck? I'm not asking for anyone's secret spot...I'll do the scouting and work once there...just an idea of which areas would be worth giving a look. Thanks!!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Missouri Help!!??

What counties/part of MO are you planning on hunting?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Spike

We're still open to anywhere but most of our research has been on areas from Columbia north and east. I've heard that these areas get more pressure and I've also heard that during the week and being that the rut isn't in yet the pressure shouldn't be bad. Being 10 hours away and having never been to Missouri makes a decision tough. I know that hunting on public land you are going to encounter other hunters...we just don't want to drive 10 hours and be overrun with hunters and no deer.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you going to shoot a nice buck, or be able to shoot a deer and have a chance at a nice buck?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Spike

Yes...we're going with intentions of killing a nice buck. I don't want to drive 10 hours to shoot a basket rack. I can do that in Alabama!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:51 PM

There is 43000 acres of land around Mark Twain lake in NE MO that has great hunting. I'm heading up there next weekend.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take a look at Deer Ridge in Lewis County. I know some guys that have gone up there with great success, I'll keep finding spots for you to check out..
Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Spike

Deer Ridge is one of the main spots we're looking at. We were also looking at Indian Hills northwest of there but I've heard that it gets a tremendous amount of pressure. Do you know how the pressure would be on these areas during the week? Thanks for the help so far! Right now our plan is to travel to Kirksville and spend a couple of days looking at our options but like I said...I'm open to suggestions.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:53 PM

There will not be much pressure at Indian Hills. I would by far choose that over Deer Ridge.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Spike

Anymore help.... Just a little?

Quick Reply: Missouri Help!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.