Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite part of the hunt? >

Favorite part of the hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite part of the hunt?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Favorite part of the hunt?

Guys- what is your favorite part of the HUNT- The actual sitting in blind/stand waiting for a whitetail. Not hunting season- cause without a doubt my favorite part of hunting SEASON is time spent with family around the camp, I would gladly trade a shot at a monster for time around camp with my dad and brother.

But like I said- the actual hunt. For me- I've always had a strong fascination with the natural world and I love nothing more than just sitting back and observing nature and the way every aspect of wildlife eventually can be related to one another- that's my favorite part. Regardless of temperature, slow deer movement or a busted hunt- I can't imagine anything more perfect than being surrounded by the natural world.

Of course- the anticipation and butterflies I get when I see even the glimpse of a deer ranks pretty high up there too.

So, what's your favorite part of the 'hunt'?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Favorite part of the hunt?

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

For me- I've always had a strong fascination with the natural world and I love nothing more than just sitting back and observing nature and the way every aspect of wildlife eventually can be related to one another- that's my favorite part. Regardless of temperature, slow deer movement or a busted hunt- I can't imagine anything more perfect than being surrounded by the natural world.
You said it right there. I've always loved being outdoors, regardless of temps, weather, etc. Walking across campus I could go almost end to end without walking outside, but even in the winter, I'll take the outdoor path just because I love being outside. For me, being absurdly busy with school, hockey, family things - I end up cherishing every chance I get to hunt. For those that remember their college days or those of you that are also college students, ya'll know what I'm talking about. It's a chance to get away from exams, homework, study sessions, sporting events, etc. and have some quiet time to yourself - it's a beautiful thing.

And it's views like this that make me keep going back

Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

For me- I've always had a strong fascination with the natural world and I love nothing more than just sitting back and observing nature and the way every aspect of wildlife eventually can be related to one another- that's my favorite part. Regardless of temperature, slow deer movement or a busted hunt- I can't imagine anything more perfect than being surrounded by the natural world.
You said it right there. I've always loved being outdoors, regardless of temps, weather, etc. Walking across campus I could go almost end to end without walking outside, but even in the winter, I'll take the outdoor path just because I love being outside.

I do the exact same thing! I go to Community College so all the students drive to school obviously. But the thing that gets me is when they are done with one class, they get in there car, crank it up and drive a whole 100 yards to their next class.

I can't stand it. It's like you said- I would rather walk from class to class just so cause I love the outdoors.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think my favorite is listening to the woods come alive in the morning.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The views can be breath taking But when a buck comes walking in....Priceless!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

I gotta go with the first GLIMPSE of a deer.....not knowing what he or she may be or how big or how many. But there are so many aspects of it that are equally rewarding in their own regards. Some just dont send your heart into over drive, but rather slow it down into that calm, forget the real world kind of way.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I think my favorite is listening to the woods come alive in the morning.
X2- Love watching the sun come up and all the critters coming out to feed. Also, right before shooting light when I hear thatcrunching in the leavesof deer approaching. Get's the heart racing wondering what's on it's way.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I love setting and watching/listening toGods glory. But nothing tops the feeling of seeing your arrow strick the target.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM

I can't get over how the woods trasnform during sunrise. How everything gets its color when the sun comes up. Just amazing watching all the plants turn green and then the birds start chirping and the squirrils playing.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM

The Campfire sharing stories with family or friends.

Quick Reply: Favorite part of the hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.