HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   It's Looking like a new bowhunter (Andrew) will be joing ***UPDATE PAGE 15 *** (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267088-its-looking-like-new-bowhunter-andrew-will-joing-update-page-15-a.html)

Schultzy 01-14-2009 06:45 AM

RE: It's Looking like a new bowhunter will be joing .......

I'm happy for ya Preach!!;) Andrew has one hell of a dad and family now.

buttonbuckmaster 01-14-2009 06:53 AM

Glad to hear he enjoyed them. Is he still drooling over the B&C shed I sent?[8D]

OHbowhntr 01-14-2009 07:03 AM

Tony,
My parents took in my adopted-sister from the local county kids home when she was 15. My mom worked at the high school, and noticed this girl didn't fit the normal pattern of the kids they had out there. She was smart, driven, and NEVER got in any trouble. Mom inquired about her, and found she'd been horribly, horribly abused and ran away from home. She'd gone from barely passing classes at another high school in the county to being on the "Principle's List" at our schools, which was a 3.5GPA or better, and when we "fostered" her, she continued to do well. Now 27yrs. later, she's as much a part of the family as any of us is, and our lives are all better because of her. GOD has given young Andrew a chance, just as he did Rose (my sister) 27yrs. ago. You're a good man Tony, even if you bluffed on coming to the NE GTG!!! :D

PreacherTony 01-14-2009 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Glad to hear he enjoyed them. Is he still drooling over the B&C shed I sent?[8D]
Dave, You got that off of one of those MW button bucks ....didn't you? [8D]

Schultzy: Thank you .... it is mom and I that have one hell of a son :)

Doug: ....thank you for the story of your sis....great stuff!!!:) As far as the GTG comment ....bite me:D

OHbowhntr 01-14-2009 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Dave, You got that off of one of those MW button bucks ....didn't you? [8D]

Schultzy: Thank you .... it is mom and I that have one hell of a son :)

Doug: ....thank you for the story of your sis....great stuff!!!:) As far as the GTG comment ....bite me:D

Aw come on Preach, is that the kind of language a man of the cloth should be using???? :D I'm sure I'll be hyped up about possible meeting you in Summer 2009, as well. How likely is it that it will happen???? Well that's the real question, ain't it??? :D

Dozen Arrows 01-14-2009 10:57 AM

RE: It's Looking like a new bowhunter (Andrew) will be joing ***UPDATE PAGE 15 ***

Prayer sent

Ben / PA 01-15-2009 04:07 AM

RE: It's Looking like a new bowhunter (Andrew) will be joing ***UPDATE PAGE 15 ***

Thanks for the update T. Glad to hear things are still going well. I bet you (and Andrew) are very anxiously awaiting next season. ;)

PreacherTony 01-15-2009 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Thanks for the update T. Glad to hear things are still going well. I bet you (and Andrew) are very anxiously awaiting next season. ;)
he keeps asking me when he will be able to hunt himself ....he isn't really all that interested in watching me :D

Unfortunately in NY state, he wont get his chance until September 1st when he is 12 and squirrel and geese open ...

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-15-2009 04:58 AM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

he keeps asking me when he will be able to hunt himself ....he isn't really all that interested in watching me :D

Unfortunately in NY state, he wont get his chance until September 1st when he is 12 and squirrel and geese open ...
Patience grasshopper, both of ya. I don't have children Tony but I too well know how fast time slips away. I agree with everyone here as well, as far as pops go, you rock!

MeanV2 01-15-2009 05:05 AM

Tony, What an Awesome thing to do as well as experience I'm sure!!

Best of luck and enjoy everyday with Andrew!

Dan

PreacherTony 01-15-2009 05:21 AM

Thanks Dan and Rob .... you guys would do the same thing ....

MeanV2 01-15-2009 06:28 AM

Tony, I have 4 Grand Sons now including one set of Twins just born in Nov.

I hope God grants me the health to school all these boys in the way of the stick and the stringonce they show an interest.

Dan

NY/Al 01-15-2009 07:29 AM

Hey Preach I heard NY is considering lowering the archery age to 12 y/o. Better get him ready just incase!;):D

http://nybowhunter.proboards91.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread =43 If ya havnt seen it already...

PreacherTony 01-15-2009 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Hey Preach I heard NY is considering lowering the archery age to 12 y/o. Better get him ready just incase!;):D

http://nybowhunter.proboards91.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread =43 If ya havnt seen it already...
Al ... I didn't know that .... he is so small ..he would never be able to pull enough to shoot big game ..... I wish they allowed him to shotgun hunt deer at 12 ,,,,