HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   It's Looking like a new bowhunter (Andrew) will be joing ***UPDATE PAGE 15 *** (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267088-its-looking-like-new-bowhunter-andrew-will-joing-update-page-15-a.html)

PreacherTony 10-08-2008 03:14 PM

It's Looking like a new bowhunter (Andrew) will be joing ***UPDATE PAGE 15 ***

the PreacherTony family :)

We are looking to obtain custody of an 11 year old boy named Andrew, whos:

1. Mom killed herself like 4 years ago [&o]
2. Father died in prison years ago [:o]
3. Living with Grandma that is mentally abusive [>:]
4. one of the sweetest kids I've met :)
5. Smart as a whip :)
6. Wants to hunt ;)
6. Has my heart :)

Please pray with me .....

MN/Kyle 10-08-2008 03:16 PM

RE: It's Looking like a new bowhunter will be joing .......

What a great thing Tony. Best of luck, and congrats!

Prayers sent.

LittleChief 10-08-2008 03:22 PM

Tony,
I caught a glimpse of your mention of this in another thread. This is awesome, and I truly hope it all works out for you both. From the sound of it, he could really use someone like you and your family in his life after all of the misfortune he's seen in his short time. To think some of the fellas on here were telling me "good job" for taking in a couple of pups I found in the woods.... What you're doing here is a wonderful, maybe even heroicthing. You'll definitely be a "hero" to him. I'm proud to know you.:)

buckmaster 10-08-2008 03:24 PM

Thats Awesome PT. God has a plan, you know that better than anybody;).

LittleChief 10-08-2008 03:25 PM

One other thing, Tony. Next year at about this time, maybe you can make a trip to Tennessee so the young man won't have to wait so late in the year to start hunting!:D:D You both have a standing invitation.;)

Rory/MO 10-08-2008 03:27 PM

Great thing you're doing PT. You all will be in my prayers!

bawanajim 10-08-2008 04:01 PM

Give Her the money,you will be rewarded in the end. He's gonna eat all of your jerky ya know.;)

PreacherTony 10-08-2008 04:05 PM

UPDATE!!!

I just got off the phone with psycogranny ..... after promising to give her other grandchild free tuition for the rest of this year and all of next year, she agreed to give us SOLE CUSTODY! :)

It's sickening that I had to "buy" him from her[>:], but he is priceless in my eyes ...:)

I'll keep you posted ... hopfully with pics to come :)

PABuckbuster12 10-08-2008 04:05 PM

The young child and yourself will be in our families prayers. We wish the child the best.

PreacherTony 10-08-2008 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Give Her the money,you will be rewarded in the end. He's gonna eat all of your jerky ya know.;)
LOL Jim .... he could use the protein ...skinny little thing :D

BTW ...his name is Andrew ..

sr77 10-08-2008 04:46 PM

Tony, that is awesome bud. You are truly a standup guy. Sounds like he is in great hands. Best of luck to him, you and your family. Get the little guy out shooting, I am sure he will love it.

Shane

kwilson16 10-08-2008 04:52 PM

Incredible story...

nybowhunter 10-08-2008 04:58 PM

Tony...I know you are a neighbor of mine...how old is he? I have a 12 y/o boy that I can help you out with some clothes if you need it. Let me know!

PABrent 10-08-2008 05:04 PM

Good Luck! Prayers sent

Carpmaster 10-08-2008 05:10 PM

RE: It's Looking like a new bowhunter (Andrew) will be joing .......

Good for you Tony! I bet he will turn out just fine!;)

jjlemm001 10-08-2008 05:12 PM

I hope it works out.

V8Ranger 10-08-2008 05:28 PM

GL Tony, The world needs more people like you.

GR8atta2d 10-08-2008 05:36 PM

Speaking as a TreeShark, you can be a little mentally abusive too, ya know!

But I wish the best for little Andy, if thats you ;)than good luck!

brucelanthier 10-08-2008 05:57 PM

You and your family are very special for opening your hearts and home to this young man. Best wishes to all ofyou!

Schultzy 10-08-2008 05:58 PM

Wow!! You are the man Tony, I mean that!!:) I wish you and your new son the very best!!

Bowtech 360 10-08-2008 06:07 PM

If he wants a bow after this season, let me know mine will be for sale! Have old hunting clothes as well. What a great thing you did.

Ben / PA 10-08-2008 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: sr77

Tony, that is awesome bud. You are truly a standup guy. Sounds like he is in great hands. Best of luck to him, you and your family. Get the little guy out shooting, I am sure he will love it.

Shane
That goes double for me T. You just saved this kid's life. Good luck and God Bless.

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 10-08-2008 06:20 PM

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR NEW EDITION TO THE FAMILY
HI ANDY YOUR IN GREAT ARMS!!!!!!!

:):eek:

wis_rifle_hunter 10-08-2008 06:34 PM

congrats to you and your family. i wish the best of luck to you. just wait, hes going to be shooting bigger deer than you now:D

PreacherTony 10-08-2008 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Tony...I know you are a neighbor of mine...how old is he? I have a 12 y/o boy that I can help you out with some clothes if you need it. Let me know!
Gary, that is awesome of you to think of that! ... Thank you!!

And thank all of you guys for words that are way to kind!!!

I bet there isn't one here that wouldn't do the same thing ....:)

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-08-2008 07:25 PM

God Bless you Tony but I have a feeling, you truly are.:)

BowHuntingFool 10-08-2008 07:30 PM

Wow, way to go Tony! You know I have great respect for you but after reading this, you are the man! Way to go buddy! Looking forward to some pics of you guys!

stickler 10-08-2008 07:30 PM

Tony,

Tony,

My wife and I have gone through a similarsituation with her half brother. His mother was very neglectfull and was only keeping him for his SS benefits, food stamps and housing.

He was a good hearted kid, but ending up hanging around the wrong crowd and getting in trouble and not going to school. He has been with us for 6 years. It hasn't been easy, but my wife is going to Chicago this weekend to attend his graduation from basic training in the Navy and we couldnt be prouder.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Wayne

Ben / PA 10-08-2008 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: stickler

Tony,

Tony,

My wife and I have gone through a similarsituation with her half brother. His mother was very neglectfull and was only keeping him for his SS benefits, food stamps and housing.

He was a good hearted kid, but ending up hanging around the wrong crowd and getting in trouble and not going to school. He has been with us for 6 years. It hasn't been easy, but my wife is going to Chicago this weekend to attend his graduation from basic training in the Navy and we couldnt be prouder.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Wayne
Wayne, that is way cool. Kudos to you and your wife.

OHbowhntr 10-08-2008 07:40 PM

Good Luck with this Tony, this kid will be lucky to have you to nurture and guide him as he grows into a man. Does he know that your nickname is "No-Show Tony" yet??? :D

PreacherTony 10-08-2008 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Good Luck with this Tony, this kid will be lucky to have you to nurture and guide him as he grows into a man. Does he know that your nickname is "No-Show Tony" yet??? :D
Man Doug, between you and Bob ...... you guys are relentless [:-] I will make it this year .... with my compadre by my side :)

my7pointmonster 10-08-2008 07:54 PM

wow, Sounds like that kid needs a hug real bad. Hope everything works out for the better, PT

Ryan.

NY/Al 10-08-2008 07:58 PM

That is just awesome Tony, if he needs anything, clothes, huntin gear, someone to teach him to hunt, that actually knows how to hunt, just let me know, id be glad to help!;):D:D

PreacherTony 10-08-2008 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

That is just awesome Tony, if he needs anything, clothes, huntin gear,
He needs it all, lol .....

someone to teach him to hunt, that actually knows how to hunt, just let me know, id be glad to help!;):D:D
Oh, you have MOTOWN's phone #? [:-]:D

nybowhunter 10-09-2008 04:40 AM

Tony...wishing you and your family the best! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist! In 1992, my wife and I adopted our oldest son when he was3-1/2 y/o. His 18 y/o mother did aterrible jobraising him. He was very neglected. When we were in front of the judge to finalize the adoption, he told us this boy will need a lot of love and devotion. I never forgot those words! Of course she got pregnant the very next month and a few years later we had another! YIKES!Although it was a long hard battle over the past 16 years, we are very proud of him today. He joined the Airforce last fall and is stationed in Wyoming as an MP.Maybe someday we can compair stories!

stikbow26 10-09-2008 05:00 AM

Tony you are awesome!!!But I live by the saying God will always let good things happen to good people and I think he just showed that by connecting you and Andrew!! Walt

peakrut 10-09-2008 05:03 AM

This is great Tony and I can help with some extra camo (Tree bark like gregs, lol) and
I have some other bow hunting equipment laying around I will donate if he shows
an interest. I will do a inventory and see what I have.

T

wis_bow_huntr 10-09-2008 05:07 AM

Its always nice to hear that someone in the world is willing to rescue a child and bring them into a great wonderful loving home! I wish someone would have done that with my Nephew who ironically is named Andrew. He had a real tough life, never knew his father because he killed him self and my sister just couldnt handle him and the state basically took him away and he went from home to home to home across the US. The last I knew he was in Colorado or something like that. He got into a wonderful foster home a few years back and really turned his act around. He graduated with A honors, hes a bass player just like me and has even auditioned for bands such as Metallica, Greenday, and some others I cant remember the names of lol. I havent heard anything from him for a long time and miss him dearly. My parentskeep in touch with him and hope someday he will come home.

jmbuckhunter 10-09-2008 05:09 AM

Glad it's gonna work out for ya Tony. Sounds like Andrew is going to have a real family for the first time in his life. Good luck to both of you.

NCRemington700 10-09-2008 06:12 AM

Awesome story PT. God bless ya'll.