Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How to deal with tresspassers?? >

How to deal with tresspassers??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to deal with tresspassers??

Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How to deal with tresspassers??

I think the only real logical thing is Bears!! Trained attack bears!!!! No but really call DNR or something when u see him
Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't have yelled at him I would have put an arrow about 10' in front of him.Just kidding. Call the dnr they tend to be not as lazy as some local law enforcement and tend to right tickets faster for stuff like that.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yelling, screaming, confrontations etc are not going to solve the problem.
File charges each and every time he trespasses - no warnings.
In NY the fine is an escalating one - he will stop.

Steve
Old 10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call the Law!!!! Thats what I do now. Im sick of screaming and fighting so now I have them fined. When word gets out you'll find people stay away!
$$$$$$$$$$$ IT WORKS $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Why do you keep giving his tree stands back? Whats he going to do tell the cops ,"I was over there trasspassing and my stands came up missing!" Oh and dont get me wrong I in no way condone stealing trestands. But when he comes and ask about them say ya sure come over and get the at such and such time and make sure the dnr or cops are there.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

well i keep giving them back because there all home built ones, ones that i would never trust to sit in so i want them off my property. and believe me we have called the cops many times filed many complaints and they dont seem to be doing anything or atleast working so something else needs to happen
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG, what a nightmare!! I would be out of my mind.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

LAND MINES
Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Get in touch with a lawyer, a lot of times they charge a very small fee, to contact the police and demand that charges be filed. You could also go to the cop shop yourself and talk to the commanding officer and just demand that something be done. He's not just trespassing he is also damaging property and trees with his BS, you should have filmed him while he was so close, identity and proof make a great case.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Your state has to have a law of Defiant Criminal Trespass and then another code from Defiant Criminal Trespass (which would cover ATV's). I would call the local police and obtain a copy of it as I have for Pennsylvania. Once you have it, I would highlight the code along with a letter explaining to this person he is not to be on that parcel. Get deliverly confirmation. In PA, notice to a person can be in writing, verbal, posting and even a gate is considered notice.

Having sent a letter with deliverly confirmation will prove your notification to him, along with the posting. In addition, keep a record of his trespass...times & dates.

Being polite never works, he is doing so since nothing has happened. Once he pays a fine and is charged, he will then decide to change his mind.

Personally I have no use for these type of people. Somehow they think they have the right to do so, which is totally wrong. How would he feel that just before you went hunting, you walk into his house, use his bathroom and grab a snack ??? No different in my opinion.

Good luck in dealing with this situation

Quick Reply: How to deal with tresspassers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.