HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What is your best advice to give? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267042-what-your-best-advice-give.html)

MichiganWhitetails74 10-08-2008 07:35 PM

RE: What is your best advice?

Know yourself and be confident!...

Never ever think you're on top of your game because you're beating your buddies at the 3 D Range...

In order to successfully put deer on the ground...you gotta throw arrows at them...you gotta get deer under your belt in order to grow...

Always enjoy the outdoors in between everything else...

cptleo1 10-08-2008 11:19 PM

Don't rush the shot.

Wait

Don't rush the shot.

Wait

Don't rush the shot.

Wait

txjourneyman 10-09-2008 05:12 AM

pick a spot

130woodman 10-09-2008 06:02 AM

Amen

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Patience, Patience, Patience!!! Bow hunting Is an up and close hunting style, not a shooting sport. Let them get close.

Most of all, have fun!!

Good luck to all of the new bow hunters this fall!!:)

muckland 10-09-2008 06:08 AM

Hunt the Wind... Try and sit as long as possible..All day during the Peak Rut...

TreednNC 10-09-2008 07:00 AM

HUNT LATE....I used to be guilty of leaving 5 or 10 min earlier than I should because I thought I couldnt see...or maybe because I thought something was going to get me, but HUNT LATE....dont take the shot if you cant see the animal clearly, but you would be surprised at how dark you think it is until a deer comes in! By convencing myself back as a young teen that coyotes and stray dogs werent going to hurt me, and those leaves rustling on the way out are more than likely mice or a rabbit or birds in a bush...I hunted 10-15min later (til I couldnt see the ground at all) and my deer sitings dramatically increased.

annika3 10-09-2008 07:11 AM

Practice, practice, practice and patience, patience, patience.

Practice so you can make the shot but be patient to make the best shot.

burniegoeasily 10-09-2008 07:50 AM

RE: What is your best advice to give?

Patience.

Risnerpse11 10-09-2008 08:03 AM

Be Safe!
Be Comfortable!
Have Fun!

If you are not doing all these things then you need to think if hunting is for you or not. You can listen to what everyone has to say and even try to do the same as them, but if your not doing these three things then i wouldn't be hunting. Do what ever it takes to do these three things and i bet hunting is the most enojoyable thing you will do.

WhitBri 10-09-2008 12:49 PM

Be Safe, Have Fun with it.
Respect the animal you are hunting, a bad shot or shot you are not confident you can make pass it up. You will lose a lot of respect from fellow hunters by making bad hits a habit. Everyone makes a bad hit someday, but some people make them every year and those are the people you know are not respecting the animal they hunt.
And lastly, you are not on a TV show, horns are not everything, hunt for yourself not for your buddies.