Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Identical Twins? >

Identical Twins?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Identical Twins?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:10 AM

Default Identical Twins?

Can a Doe give birth to two buck fawns, who, given the exact same resources grow up to have identical or nearly identical racks?

I know we've talked a lot about genetics here, and we do have a few Wildlife Bios on here as well, so maybe some of you guys can possible answer this. We've discussed lineages before, seeing bucks grow up to have very similar rack characteristics of a father buck, but does it brother to brother as well?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Identical Twins?

I have seen identical bucks together several times. Racks that are not semetrical, but both exactly like the
buck standing next to him. So in my opinion, yes twins can have identical racks.
DW
Old 10-08-2008, 06:58 AM

Anyone else have input on this? Some evidence would be good as well, trailcam pics, etc. possibly?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

good questiond two excet bucks would be a great trophy on the wall
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heck yes! I have no trail cam pics to prove It but I've watched 1.5 year old bucks that were damn near picture perfect identical In there racks. I've watched a few of these damn near Identical Twin bucks grow till there 2.5 years old only to be shot that year by the neighbor's In gun season. I've seen It a few times, more common then you think I believe.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

good questiond two excet bucks would be a great trophy on the wall

Yes it would!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

I shot an 8pt two years ago with tall brow tinesand an overall tall rack, me and my dad were getting to the cabin near sundown this year and there is a bean field about 1/8th mile before the farm, well we always glass it if we get there with enough light, sure enough, about a month ago we glass and there is an 8 pt buck out there that looks identical to the one I shot. the rack came up tall and then curled out like mine does, the tine lenght seems about the same and does have the same brow tines. Not sure if its a twin brother or the son of my buck.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my proof. I'd say these guys are twins.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 years ago I shot a buck, while I was taking all of our stuff back to the truck my buddy wastaking care of of the deer. He swore the bucks twin showed up...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may be wrong but i doubt it very much. i believe that nutrients and diets are a crucial parts of antler growth.

Quick Reply: Identical Twins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.