Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is there a stand out there... >

Is there a stand out there...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is there a stand out there...

Old 10-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is there a stand out there...

that has an adjustable seat height? I've noticed on all my stands that the seat height is made for a person of less stature than myself. I'd like to have one that I could adjust the seat to a point where I am almost standing but don't have to be actually fully upright. If not, I guess I'll have to ask my neighbor who is a fabricator to make one.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is there a stand out there...

Use a climber?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, all the trees around here make it pretty much impossible to use a climber. I suppose I could go out and put telephone poles around where I hunt, but I'm sure it would be cheaper to make a stand like I envision it.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can always use a hang on with a seat that folds up and use a tree seat .... I have thought about that myself ... I hate sitting low in a tree stand ... I stand most of the time, but when I sit, I just wanna take a little off the legs ...
Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on the lookout for the same thing AF. Chippewa Treestands makes stands with three different seat heights. I have sat in them many times, and the tallest one is comfortable for me, and I'm 6'10". They are pricey, but they are one awesome stand. I like to set me climber so it is like sitting in a barstool, so I know what you are talking about. Most hang ons I feel like i'm squatting.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

You can always use a hang on with a seat that folds up and use a tree seat .... I have thought about that myself ... I hate sitting low in a tree stand ... I stand most of the time, but when I sit, I just wanna take a little off the legs ...
That is what I was thinking. Some of those strap on seats aremore comfythan the seat that comes with a lot hang ons anyway. Buy one seat and take it to whatever stand youare using.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think a welder could do some work on a ladder stand good idea. i would like to have one like that
Old 10-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

PT, I have the design running in my head. Portable tree stand that you can adjust the height of the seat. I'll talk to my neighbor and see if he won't fabricate one. We'll call it the Sitor Stand. Heck, if it works right, start my own business.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbor is coming over in 30 minutes to discuss the Sitor Stand! Get your orders in now!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

You could do something similar with a Lone Wolf Alpha or Assault but, instead of folding the seat up, you could just remove it and lose the extra weight.

Quick Reply: Is there a stand out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.