Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods. >

this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

All I can say is wow... What a night. I was sitting in my stand, just minding my own it was about, 530 when I hear something I look behind me and theirs a flock of turkeys I'm like no freakin way this is happening right now, Cause i've never seen turkeys behind my house. EVER. So im shaking like a leaf on a tree in a tornado, I tried to take some pictures, but their all fuzzy cause I couldnt get myself under control shaking so dang bad.

So finally they dissapear in the thicket maybe 35 yards away, Im sittin chilling watching some squirrels, and their was one particular squirrel that cought my attention I was like haha This squirrel is pretty cool, he would come to the base of my tree check out my draw rope and mess with it some scamper off come back and do it again awesome, so I prolly watched him for like 35-40 mins (guessing) basically the entire time i was there, I was using him for amusment. Well anyhow prolly at 6:12 or 13 I see this bobcat creepin up at like 25 yards, Im like WHAT?!?!?!?! I've never even seen a fox up here!!! And I see he's focused on something over by the thicket, Im freakin out (this all took place over like 45 seconds) and he suddenly breaks into the quietest run through leaves i've ever heard, and I loose sight of him in the laurel quick and i see him jumping on the side of this tree, then i see my squirrel running for his life he jumped onto this sapling and the bobcat lunged from the tree and cought him in his mouth. It was byfar the craziest thing i've ever seen. He walked off with it dangling in his mouth.

To say the least my jaw was touching the ground 23' down. I diddnt even know what to think!! so as soon as i lost sight of it i called my friend rodney and was like you aint gonna believe me when i tell you this...

Anyhow, after the hunt concluded Im still shaking from seeing the bobcat and I decide i want to take a walk over to where he was, I get about 10 yards from the site of the kill and a deer takes off through the brush, its dark and my flashlight is almost dead I freaked!! I ran the oppisite direction grabbed my stand and bow and took off out of there!! hahaha Im just glad noone was there to see it! It cought me off guard real bad

This will be the coolest night I've ever spent in the woods. Ohh and for the record, I have yet to see a deer on stand lol!!! But im optimistic!

Ryan.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Now that there's a hunt!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a pretty eventful evening lol sounds kinda fun at least you got some entertainment right?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome sight I'm sure, I've only seen one bobcat while hunting.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never seen anything other than little game when bowhunting, I never seen one behind my house for sure!!! and I've NEVER EVER EVER imagined they would be in my area of the woods in this little wood lot. I'm still shaking I'll tell you what.

Ryan.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you turkey hunting or deer hunting? If your turkey hunting I could see why you would be shaking. If your deer hunting,what happens if a deer walks by, you going to be able to collect your composure and pull your bow back.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Are you turkey hunting or deer hunting? If your turkey hunting I could see why you would be shaking. If your deer hunting,what happens if a deer walks by, you going to be able to collect your composure and pull your bow back.
I'm deer hunting, and I have no clue why I cant stop shaking sometimes I can get it under control but tonight I diddnt even bother trying, I knew I couldnt have even if I wanted to. But for whatever reason, I regain my composure as im drawing and I've never had the shakes while im at full draw. Just like every second of every minute before that when theirs deer infront of me i freak out! im like a 10 yr old i swear.

Ryan.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM

And some people think you have to kill something to have a great hunt![&:]

I'm glad you've come to that (other) realization! Good luck the rest of the season!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Should move this to the youth forum.
Why would that be?
that hurts.... [&o]
Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

And that right there is yet another reason why I love to hunt!!! Awesome..

Quick Reply: this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.