Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another PA Buck Falls >

Another PA Buck Falls

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another PA Buck Falls

Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 AM

Default Another PA Buck Falls

Well Unfortunately it wasn't to my arrow but it was to my Buddy Jeff's Arrow. A nice 9pt Buck taken last night on the same property I took my doe on saturday. I have to say a very good start to the year for both of us. Of course I had to yell at him for not passing on it and letting it grow bigger for next year. [8D] LOL!!! Again you will see our little hunting buddy Ethan in the pictures and his sister Paige in another with their Pap Jeff. Both of these kids im sure are gonna both be hunters. Most of you on the board don't know Jeff but he post on here as Ram96, he asked me to post these since he doesn't know how to post pics. LOL. Damn Old people.[8D] Well here are the pics, Enjoy!

Jeff (Ram96) and Myself (PA Hardwoods)

Ethan and his Pap

Ethan, Paige and Jeff's Neighbor Randy
Old 10-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another PA Buck Falls

Tell him congrats!! Really pretty cape too.

You know I get to looking at alot of pictures of PA bucks and why does it seem like the majority of 2.5yr old bucks like that have really small brow tines?
Maybe it's just me?

I know on our archery club property we have bucks every year that size that have VERY small, almost sub 1" or NO brow tines at all.
Maybe all states are like that and I just see more of our deer? LOL
Old 10-07-2008, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Tell him congrats!! Really pretty cape too.

You know I get to looking at alot of pictures of PA bucks and why does it seem like the majority of 2.5yr old bucks like that have really small brow tines?
Maybe it's just me?

I know on our archery club property we have bucks every year that size that have VERY small, almost sub 1" or NO brow tines at all.
Maybe all states are like that and I just see more of our deer? LOL
You know Matt I was thinking the same thing myself last night about the brow tines. I expected them to be much bigger. On the farm this deer came off of, every year it seems we have a crop of usually 2 4pt buck that normally would be shooters except for the lack of brow tines. I agree with you there has to be something with the genetics or something else why it seems out deer have small brows. I will pass along the congrats, Im sure he will be signing on at some point to see the thread.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to him! You guys are putting a hurting on them out your way for sure! Keep it up, guys.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

Congrats to him! You guys are putting a hurting on them out your way for sure! Keep it up, guys.
Yeah we are Matt. I still have 2 tags left (Buck Tag and a 4D tag) and Jeff still has 4 tags left (4D doe tag, Rothrock DMAP, and 2 Dmap tags for 2 different pieces of PSU property) Im excited to get back out there. We have a fair amount of deer running around on the property and I have plenty of tags to fill
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations to him. It looks like everybody enjoyed his good fortune!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your buddy. Beautiful buck!

Shane
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a nice buck!

Wayne
Old 10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

A big congrats to the start of the season to you guys!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your buddy!

Man, all these PA bucks are being taken and I'm in NH......kinda makes me sad...but I'll be home for Flintlock...leave some for me!

Quick Reply: Another PA Buck Falls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.