Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Monster....230" >

Minnesota Monster....230"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Monster....230"

Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minnesota Monster....230"

That is trully a monster!! Congrats to your friend!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Thats a giant for sure!

230" though? Am i the only one who doesnt think its THAT big?
Officially P&Y scored Mon morn. At some point I'm sure that I could hunt down and copy the score sheet if you need it.

awesome....congrats to your buddy....230 gross assuming? it's like they say....nets are for fish I read your buddy's posts on midwest hunter or whatever and seems like no better man coulda harvested it
Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a giant for sure!

Officially P&Y scored Mon morn. At some point I'm sure that I could hunt down and copy the score sheet if you need it.
I believe you, i was just saying it doesnt LOOK that big. I got it at 195, but i could only see 14 scoreable points. All the other points must be where it makes up its score. Are they all on the brow tines?

I have not seen the buck in person to know exactly where all 23 pts are. I'm sure someone with voodoo type vision on here will be able to point them out in a picture and then the scoring can continue.

With your virtual tape measure or maybe virtual rackulator, just curious what you got for main beam length and tine lengths?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Spike

What a giant! Thats the buck we all dream about each time we enter the woods, atleast I do! Hope theres another one out there for me. Xtec what county was it taken in?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not seen the buck in person to know exactly where all 23 pts are. I'm sure someone with voodoo type vision on here will be able to point them out in a picture and then the scoring can continue.

With your virtual tape measure or maybe virtual rackulator, just curious what you got for main beam length and tine lengths?
Easy buddy, im not trying to call you out...

In MY OPINION, it doesntLOOK like that buck has enough antler to go 230 and i know for a fact that im not the only one. I thought i scored him generously, but like i said, i only accounted for 14 points. Where are the other 9 hiding?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Easy buddy, im not trying to call you out...

In MY OPINION, it doesntLOOK like that buck has enough antler to go 230 and i know for a fact that im not the only one. I thought i scored him generously, but like i said, i only accounted for 14 points. Where are the other 9 hiding?

No worries. I don't think your calling me out one bit. Your just doubting the score because you don't see all the points. Which is fine, I have no issues with that. But keep in mind, it's a 200+ inch buck. I have serious doubts that anyone could remotely come close to an accurate score based on two pictures. Although I'm sure many can and will give it their best shot. And as I said before, I have not seen the buck in person to know where all the pts are. All I know is that there are a lot of pts in and around the bases and up/through the brows.

When I'm able and when the shooter wants all the info to be given out, I'll post the score sheet.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Truly a monster. It is so nice to see a picture with the guy actually smiling!!! Most people with the monsters these days look like they just got kicking the deer's ass instead of shooting it. I would love to see the score sheet too, just to see what kind of numbers that thing has. The spread and beam length alone are noteworthy!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Like it has already been said, the hunter who bagged this deer will release all the information he wants, when he wants. I'm not worried aboutwhat he officially scored right now,all I know his he'sa GIANT.What a great deer!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a giant for sure!

My first thought was no way too. But who knows sometimes pics don't do a animal justice. I was thinking around 190s gross. But what do I know.
Either way it's freaking awesome buck that anyone would be proud to stick a arrow through.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: StealthHtr22

Like it has already been said, the hunter who bagged this deer will release all the information he wants, when he wants. I'm not worried aboutwhat he officially scored right now,all I know his he'sa GIANT.What a great deer!

Bingo! Excellent post.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Monster....230"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.