Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 does this ever happen to you >

does this ever happen to you

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

does this ever happen to you

Old 10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default does this ever happen to you

i went goose hunting tonight and saw deer, i went bow hunting yesterday night and saw a bunch of geese i dont get it and i was making noise today... can anyone tell me why this happens lol or is it just me
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: does this ever happen to you

It is some kind of corollary to Murphy's Law. "You will be incorrectly armed for the game that you see or the game that you see will not be in season."

Before it was a park area you could hunt the borrow ponds below Saylorville Dam north of DesMoines. In one fall my buddy and I went duck hunting there and saw pheasants (out of season), went pheasant hunting and saw ducks, went again and saw ducks and deer. We each got within 10 feet of nice bucks. We naturally decided to go deer hunting there when the season opened and the carp were rolling so thick you could shoot all day (if your bow fishing rig was with you). A week later, with bow in hand, we saw ducks and pheasants again. We saw more game in that area that fall (close ranges too) than I've ever seen anywhere but we were never armed correctly or what we saw was out of season.

Bob
Old 10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

see that is what i am talking about went out goose hunting today around 3:30 got out to the field, set of the decoys and about a half hour after it was all set up deer were everywhere. yesterday night bow hunting i got out about 3 and sat till about 5:30 (rained hard) and heard and saw geese all night long i just dont get why it happens. and i dont think i will ever know.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Learn to shoot all animals with a bow and you'll be set
Old 10-06-2008, 11:30 PM

Went dove hunting two days before bow season and had a doe and 8 point 30 yards away. Apparently those deer are smarter than they look.(who'd of thunk it?)
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 PM

Yeah, there is a phesant hunting area (public) near where I bowhunt that has a really narrow strip of trees and a creek and one of the biggest bucks I've seen has been there for the last three seasons.......160+"
The first time we saw him, my buddy said "Holy s**@!!, looks like a horse with a tree on his head" We now call that buck "Ol' Treehead" Someday I hope he gets rutty enough to venture about 3 miles down the road during daylight hours.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres what I do this time of the year, I kill two or 3 birds with one stone, If Igo fishing, bring my shotgun and my bow along, that way while im fishing, if a few ducks happen by grab the old shotgun, if i happen to see a deer that comes within range, wacko!