Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen.............again..... >

Stolen.............again.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen.............again.....

Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 AM

Default Stolen.............again.....

Well friday evening gets here, the wife and I go out to the newest Bass Pro to look around and eat some seafood. ( darn nice restaurant, great bread.) When I get a phone call from the farm manager, were VaBowman and I are going this week, stating that one of my ground blinds have been stolen. He tells me that he had been watching some of my setups,spotting deer, to let me know which bucks are frequenting the area. When Friday about 5 oclock the newest ameristep is gone....Now granted its only 90$ and its not my farm, but enough is enough man. I just had a new summit stolen 2 years ago off a pc that no one was to be hunting but me.I'm sick of these losers around here stealing peoples stuff, stealing dogs, tearing down stands and putting extra locks on your gates. you know, If whoever they are, put as much time into anything in their pathetic life, as I do to prepare for my bowseason, they might be too busy to worry about someone else hunting.Just wanted to vent alittle....Have a good bowseason.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stolen.............again.....

I'd set out a "decoy" ground blind, and fill it full of Rattlesnakes and razor wire.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

That sucks. I also feel your pain.
I have some areas that are climber only. Nothing is safe out there.
Whats worse is now you know some low life is likely hunting that farm too.
By the way, the new bass pro is awesome. I haven't been able to eat at the restaurant yet, but Ive heard it's great from everyone that has been. Is it very expensive?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Time to set up some game cams to see who they are. Of coarse you better lock that to the tree also.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Probably the bad news is someone like that will never read your post since they never visit these forums. Last year I had two stands ripped off. I went in to hunt Thanksgiving morning to only find my safety strap hanging in the tree.

Remember the saying "What goes around comes around" .... they will have there day.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:52 AM

Yeah I'm sorry to hear that. I know it sucks I was going out to go hunting this saturday and go to get in my stand, and no stand to get into. It sucks and you really want to catch the dirtbags and beat the sh*t out of em.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

sorry to hear that. We always wrap chains around our lock-ons with pad locks and remove the bottom 4 or 5 steps. Not sure what you could do about a ground blind though. Those a-holes should pay for being petty theives.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would set up a decoy blind and a game cam where you can not see or get to it say 10 feet off the ground then get a pic of whos stealing it. I would also setup and hunt for them with a camera tresspassing disturbing a hunter. theft I think if they lock your gate up and your in it they could get introuble for holding you illegaly
ORIGINAL: Team Virginia

Well friday evening gets here, the wife and I go out to the newest Bass Pro to look around and eat some seafood. ( darn nice restaurant, great bread.) When I get a phone call from the farm manager, were VaBowman and I are going this week, stating that one of my ground blinds have been stolen. He tells me that he had been watching some of my setups,spotting deer, to let me know which bucks are frequenting the area. When Friday about 5 oclock the newest ameristep is gone....Now granted its only 90$ and its not my farm, but enough is enough man. I just had a new summit stolen 2 years ago off a pc that no one was to be hunting but me.I'm sick of these losers around here stealing peoples stuff, stealing dogs, tearing down stands and putting extra locks on your gates. you know, If whoever they are, put as much time into anything in their pathetic life, as I do to prepare for my bowseason, they might be too busy to worry about someone else hunting.Just wanted to vent alittle....Have a good bowseason.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

That sux..... I had the same thing happen in Alaska moose hunting. We went out the weekend before like 200 other hunters did that same weekend. When we all showed up the following weekend everylast hunter had some if not all their gear taken, police estamited $25,000 worth of stuff gone. They found it and the thiefs. The gear was in a pawn shop and they were trying to sell at the sportman show the following month.....

The Bass Pron in Richmond has a restuarant in it?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

that sux......

what i dont understand, is why hunters leave stuff in the woods. dumb, dumb, dumb. regardless of the price, public land, private land, etc.....

dumba** fools will go to any length to steal whatever you leave out there.

some people never learn.

Quick Reply: Stolen.............again.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.