Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you sharpen your broadheads? >

How do you sharpen your broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you sharpen your broadheads?

Old 10-04-2008, 08:39 PM

Default How do you sharpen your broadheads?

What tool/instrument do yall use to sharpen your broadheads?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you sharpen your broadheads?

It really IMO depends on what type of broadhead your using, most heads are just easier to buy new blades. But g5 makes some sharpeners, ive never used them though.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just buy replacement bladesand practice with practice blades,most broadhead have them.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Just buy replacement bladesand practice with practice blades,most broadhead have them.
Ditto.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just buy the replacement blades for my Muzzy's. For the new one piece G5's I am shooting, I am working on sharpening them based on what a forum member Schultzy and others have recommended. I have some sharpening sticks coming in the mail as we speak. I won't shoot em until they are deadly sharp. Until then, I will be shooting new Muzzy blades.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

I use 100 gr NAP crossfires. They sell replacement heads.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:31 PM

It depends on what broadhead you are using. Some can be sharpened on flat stones and others on lansky style sharpeners. Although most can be sharpened with an all-sharp or G5's broadhead sharpener.

Even though I shoot broadheads that you can buy replacement blades for I still touch them up. I use the sharpener by G5 and it really makes a difference.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not all broadheads lend themselves to being sharpened!!! If you under the impression that your sharpening skills are good enough to work on replaceable blades or most mechanical heads try sharpening your disposable razor before you shave next time..

Please just make sure it's sharp. We spend enough money on this silly sport as it is without cheapingout on broadheads.

If a deer is worth shooting it's worth the ten bucks an expensive broadhead costs.I'm paying better than $15.00 a five pack of good shotgun slugs and always shoot a few Boxes prior to the season. It's an investment I'm willing to take. Heck.. I've spent $80.00 on screw in steps this year alone so $10.00 ain't squat!!

I know it's not in their best interest but do most broadhead manufacturers recommend sharpening???May a big old buck fall to your razor sharp broadhead..
Old 10-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buy a KME sharpener. Even sharpening dummies like myself can get replacement blades scary sharp. Best tool I ever bought.

Quick Reply: How do you sharpen your broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.