Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should be hearing from PA guys soon! >

Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Sat in my stand till 9:30 saw a lot of turkeys, no deer.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a great morning. Was out until about 9:30, saw 6 deer, three nice doe, and three yearlings. Also had a nice flock of turkeys fly in above me into the clover plot around 8:30. I was planning to take a doe if one presented me with a shot, but they came in behind me. It was a great morning weather wise. I'll be heading out soon to my corn field stand.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm not technically in PA right now (school in NH), but I went out none-the-less. I bumped a few in the morning (too dark to tell) and spotted a lone doe as I was coming out. She saw me at the same time and went the other way. I've been out a few times since Sept 15th and that was the first deer I've seen all year....I thought the date (PA opener)was fitting.

As far as I know my dad and I went hunting together this morning (first time we've archery hunted together in two years).....just 600 miles apart. It felt good.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I was out in Potter County until 11:45 and saw two does at 11:10. I saw a bunch of chipmunks. It was coooold!!!! I froze my toes. My brother in law saw a couple of yearling bucks. No glimpses of the target buck from the trail cam pics.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

just got back. no luck. saw 4 deer total. 3 smaller does, and 1 button buck. was out from 530-noon, then 1-645. button buck and 1yr old doe bedded down about 30y. behind me for about an hour during the rain. when they got up they started to walk away from me, so i threw out a fewgrunt calls (low tone). they turned right around and ran straight to me. they stopped 5yards in front of me and proceeded to eat for about 10-15 min. the doe went right to a scent bomb i had set out. if she was bigger it would have been the perfect scenario(12y away). they started to walk out the way they came in, i hit the tube again and theycame back again only to keep walking into some thickets. this time though the button threw out some low grunts to the doe. it was pretty cool. i was a little surprisedthey responded to my calls. i wont lie though, the doe had me busted hard. she was giving me the bob&weave treatment for 5min. didnt spook though. maybe if she was older, more wise.

all in all it was a good day. saw some deer, got rained on a little bit, fell asleep for a good hour on stand (wasnt expecting that)lol. just kinda happened.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I live in the poconos and i got a deer only not with my bow. I hit her with my international prostar witha 48' trailer...nothing left of her. hit her on interstate 80 in the delaware water gap. So yes i got my deer...only not with a bow.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Rob - sweet pic's & Video - love the set-up!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Yeah I live in the poconos and i got a deer only not with my bow. I hit her with my international prostar witha 48' trailer...nothing left of her. hit her on interstate 80 in the delaware water gap. So yes i got my deer...only not with a bow.
Thats one way of getting one....just the preferred way. But it works
Old 10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Man it sucked. I was driving along at 330am and i saw the eyes on the shoulder but im not locking my brakes up to avoid her. But yeah it wasnt pretty. blood all over the pass side of the truck and chucks of un-recognizable deer parts in the landing gear of the trailer and in the steps of my truck. I think it was a doe i didnt see any antlers.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I worked this morning, but was able to get out for an evening hunt.

Saw no deer [:@], but had a great encounter with a black bear at about 10 yards face to face. [:-]

This was my first everencounter with a bear, in 31 years of hunting. I really don't know who was more excited me or the bear.

Good luck,

Brian

Quick Reply: Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.