Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Season Depression >

Deer Season Depression

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Season Depression

Old 10-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Deer Season Depression

Here it is, Oct 4, 2008, tempature is 27 degrees, light to no wind, frost on the ground, birds are singing, deer are frolicking through the leaves...........AND IM STUCK IN A STINKING OFFICE BEHIND A 8X10 CUBICAL WALL
Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 AM

Default RE: Deer Season Depression

you really want to get plenty of time to hunt? Lol, just give your boss one of these
Old 10-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Here it is, Oct 4, 2008, tempature is 27 degrees, light to no wind, frost on the ground, birds are singing, deer are frolicking through the leaves...........AND IM STUCK IN A STINKING OFFICE BEHIND A 8X10 CUBICAL WALL
Things could be worse.........you could be locked in a 8 by 15 foot cell looking through two 15 foot fences covered in razor wire. This doesnt sound to far off from what you are going through today. Enjoy and dream of the big one that is passing your stand as I type.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm at work now also, but I will get out this evening and all of tomorrow. Hang in there. And yeah better than being where he said
Old 10-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

lmao hard to hunt from a 6x9 cell
ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

you really want to get plenty of time to hunt? Lol, just give your boss one of these
Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunatley I wont be able to hunt tonight either because i have a bowling tourney. But tomorrow the bucks and does better be on thier toes cause ill be where they least expect me to be.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

It could be worse...I could be the one sitting in the cubicle.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

hahaha i agree with pse. ill be heading out in about an hour!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Listen Tony, at least you HAVE a day you can hunt real soon!!!! QUIT WHINING!!!![>:][8D]

Hear is my Jerky recipe that you requested

Preacher Tony's Just Right Jerky[8D]
2 c Worcestershire sauce
2c cup Soy sauce
½ c Liquid Smoke
1 c Red Hot Sauce
6 TB Honey
3 TB Mustard
6 TB Garlic Salt
2 TB Pepper
4 TB Onion Powder
1 c Brown Sugar
To Add HEAT[/b]
2 ½ TB Crushed Red Pepper or
¼ c Tabasco sauce

Mix all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour into plastic container and refrigerate until needed. Measure out 2 cups of mixture for every 3# of meat to be marinated. Pour over meat slices that are already in a quart size zip lock bag. Thoroughly wet all sides of meat. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Rotate bag every few hours, working the marinade over all meat. Drain the meat and spread the meat (be sure to NOT overlap) onto trays in single layers. If using a dehydrator, dry for 4-5 hours, (depending on thickness) checking every 2 hours. Make sure to rotate trays
(bottom to top and flipping the meat as needed), or place trays in the oven and dry at 145’ for the first 4 hours then set oven to 130’ until dry( approx. 4-8 hours). Jerky should be hard but not brittle. Blot up any fat that appears with a paper towel. * For a chewy texture, slice the meat with the grain, or across the grain for a more tender jerky.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You think you've got it bad? You are pretty much obligated to be at work right now. I have nearly identical conditions here and I'm stuck in a 11x14 dorm room working on Calc 2 homework BY CHOICE! I know I did this to myself......I could be out there....but I had to do some homework.....and let me tell you.....I'm kicking myself with every problem.

I now know why people pull all-nighters....SO THEY CAN HUNT!

Quick Reply: Deer Season Depression

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.