Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Info??  Need Help!! >

Any Info?? Need Help!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Info?? Need Help!!

Old 03-20-2003, 07:06 PM

Default Any Info?? Need Help!!

I was thinking of buying a whisker-biscuit rest for my bow. I am shooting aluminum arrows with feathers, not vanes. Anyone hear anything good about them or bad about them. Anything to talk me into or out of buying one would be awesome. Thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Any Info?? Need Help!!

Use the search feature at the top of the page. Use whisker bisquit as your search term. Go back 3 months.... about a dozen threads on them or peoples thoughts on them. Some like them while others of us think it' s stupid to induce fletching contact.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:03 PM

I use a 2 pronged launcher and I find them great for hunting and target shooting. I personally havn' t tried using that sort of rest and I have never seen them being used. I don' t really like the idea of them however they might very well be a very good and reliable rest. If you try a decent set of a 2 pronged lancher I think they will do the job of accurate shooting with ease.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO they are the absolute best hunting rest! I have the droptine wb and the deluxe wb. If your interested let me know and I' ll let ya try one out for awhile and you can make your decision to purchase one or not.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:22 PM

Ahhh the whisker biscuit... i tried iton my Martin Tracer Mag. pulling 70# 29 inch overdraw system but it shot horrible i could get a group of three arrows in about the sizeof a beach ball...but i haveheard people praise them i guess you have to tr it out yourself
Old 03-21-2003, 09:54 PM

BowFanatic,
What makes them so good. I am really considering one. what are the ones you listed, i' m not sure on what brand to get or what kind to get. I shoot 65 pounds with about a 28 1/2 draw length. Keep going please.

Thanks everyone sofar, how about which ones to get or not get, or why they are good or bad.

Appleton Wisonsin, thats not too far away BowFanatic, I' m from Mosinee
Old 03-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

BowFanatic,
What makes them so good. I am really considering one. what are the ones you listed, i' m not sure on what brand to get or what kind to get. I shoot 65 pounds with about a 28 1/2 draw length. Keep going please
What makes them great hunting rests IMO is their simplicity! Their easy to setup and once you get them tuned you dont have to give your rest or arrow falling off the rest a second thought. The MZE is a popular drop away rest that alot of folks like to compare to the biscuit in containability. There is no comparison! With the whisker biscuit you can hold your bow upside down and the arrow isn' t going anywhere. If you bump your arrow on a tree limb while grabbing your bow in preparation for the shot of a lifetime , the arrow isn' t going anywhere! If you like to still hunt or stalk big game , it doesn' t get any easier than with the whisker biscuit.

Alot of folks will put down the whisker biscuit without ever having tried one. Others will blame their lack of tuning skills on the whisker biscuit and give up on it. Thats why I said if you want to give one an honest try I' ll send you one to use and when your done you can mail it back. Mosinee isn' t that far at all.
Let me know if ya want to try one. Otherwise if your going to purchase one I' d reccomend either the deluxe whisker biscuit or the droptine. Dont waste your money on the original. The new deluxe model even has side arrow loading.
Here' s their website www.carolinaarcheryprod.com
Old 03-22-2003, 05:28 AM

I went from a flipper rest to a funnel rest. I was more accurate with the flipper.

I modified the funnel rest by cutting vane clearance. Accuracy improved but I wouldn' t want to shot 3D with it! The fingers finally broke off and I replaced it with a bisket. Same accuracy as the funnel rest.

Got a TM prong off Ebay for $2 how could I go wrong on that purchase.
The $2 TM is still on my bow. Saved all that cash for new nocks and flechings! Especially after figuring out, to turn my nocks so the cock is down.

Old 03-22-2003, 11:11 PM

Hey Bowfanatic, I was talking to a guy at outdoors unlimited, and i heard there have been problems with freezing, fraying the ends of feathers, and even noise. Is any of this true, if so to what extent. How long do they last before you have to replace them, and how good are they for archery shoots (precision wise). One more question, how are the adjustments on them, pretty easy to adjust or no?

Thanks for answering my questions, just a few more though
but I don' t think i would borrow one, thanks anyway though
Old 03-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Freezing? Never had a problem with freezing and that includes hunting in a snow storm.
Fraying the ends of feathers? Yes , but it' s minimal and doesn' t create any problems with flight. Use vanes and the problem is eliminated.
Noise? No noisier than any other rest.
If setup properly and paper tuned you wont notice any accuracy changes.
Setup and tuning the whisker biscuit is a breeze. The simplicity is one of it' s attractive features!

Hope I helped shed some light on this for you!

Quick Reply: Any Info?? Need Help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.