Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone else even use.... >

Does anyone else even use....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone else even use....

Old 10-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does anyone else even use....

Spitfire broadheads? I seem to be in the minority and I can't understand why. They are awesome and leave a big hole. I understand the new rage is the Rage broadhead, but I can't figure out why more people don't use Spitfires. I shot a doe Wednesday evening on the opener. Took out a lung and her heart. Needless to say she didn't run very far.The Spitfire left a big entry and exit hole. The damagethe Spitfire does is unbelievable. I thought about trying the Rage broadhead this year at some point. That is until I walked up on my deer and saw the damage done by the Spitfire. I then told myself I have been successful with the Spitfire formany years, so why change now? Why change something that works great for you?I will be sticking with the Spitfire. Anybody else here use them besides me?If you used to use them and changed to a different broadhead, why did you do so?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone else even use....

yes....and their customer service is outstanding...ill shoot them til something goes wrong. everybody I know that shoots them or has shot them loves them...only bad thing Ive heard was marginal hits....i just love 1.5" cutting diameter
Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

The quality of the head is absolutely OUTSTANDING, and the blades are typical NAP razor sharp and tough.

I just didn't care for how stiff the retention clips were and the fact that the only deer I shot with one left an absolute bullet hole entry.
I would use them again if I had to but there are definitely heads I like better that open quicker and cut a wider hole for me.

Very good broadhead though........if I was to try them again someday I would probably explore actually removing the clips and setting them up with a dental rubber band like rockets to see if they would open quicker.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the Spitfires about 3-4 years ago. Shot a few does with them, I agree with Matt though, I didn't like how stiff the retention clips where. Other than that excellent quality.

Shane
Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I promise you, even though you may feel they are stiff, they open up without failure. I have shot many deer with them and have never had one malfunction.I don't see them as being thatstiff. At least you don't have to worry about them being deployed in flight.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:53 PM

They're awesome. The only reason I shoot any other head (Montec) is that I legally have to for large critters (moose, brown bear, goats, buffalo, musk ox) up here.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can someone tell me if they can be used with shoot through meshing ?
Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Spike

I have used spitfires every year until last year when i went to the two blade rage. I was so impressed with the hole and blood trail and the fact that the buck only went 40 yards that i am using them again this year. However, there will also be spitfires on my quiver as well. I've always loved the way the spitfires fly and the damage they do. I only lost one deer with a spitfire and that was a bad shoulder shot at 37 yards. I would probably have lost that deer with any other broadheadas well.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Spitfires are all that I use. Big diameter, very sharp, and fly very well. And like almost every other broadhead they do their job with great results.....if I do mine..

Mitch