Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunt of a Lifetime! >

Hunt of a Lifetime!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt of a Lifetime!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunt of a Lifetime!

Did I earn my way off that damn list yet? [8D]
Well Rob, since you took that high pay'n, gold parachute "Mod" job, you've been pretty good- your near the bottom of the dreaded list, but....... I still got the "voodoo" doll , and whenever you feel a pain, you can visualize me , in my recliner, with a safety pin and a cruel grin on my face. Now with Bowdacious or 5 shot or mr4pt, I put down the safety pin and get the ole cattle prod out.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Big John

Did I earn my way off that damn list yet? [8D]
Well Rob, since you took that high pay'n, gold parachute "Mod" job, you've been pretty good- your near the bottom of the dreaded list, but....... I still got the "voodoo" doll , and whenever you feel a pain, you can visualize me , in my recliner, with a safety pin and a cruel grin on my face. Now with Bowdacious or 5 shot or mr4pt, I put down the safety pin and get the ole cattle prod out.
LOL, well at least that's better. [8D]
Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bull.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

Great story and incredible bull! congrats and thanks for sharing the experience
Old 10-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I haven't read the story yet but I want some of you who don't know, your reading a legend here. Bowdacious' username might say newbie but he's a long veteran of HNI. He started here back with us oldtimers. He was simply stovall back then, shortly changed his name to Bowdacious and man did we have fun back then. He's also the owner of the decal site, Decals Plus so check that out. He was if not still is a sponsor of HNI.

Some of you will remember him, others, watch out, he's trouble. [8D] LOL

Now we need his infamous, "walking in/out in the dark" thread. [8D]
I remember him. I knew as soon as I saw his username who he was. I also remember him taking some heat for some reason, can't think of what it was now but I hope you manage to stay around this time and not cave in if it should happen again.I remember you asa good writer as this post shows. Congrats on a fine hunt and story. Again, stick around this time. BTW Bo,you might not recognize me now,I went by thename of mdbohuntr back then.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Great story and awesome bull....congrats andwelcome back to HNI!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 PM

Hey Rickmur....Great memory..I took some serious flake over a previous elk hunt.....I don't recall exactly what I said or how I said it, but, it came out wrong...I was already really, really, depressed and torn up over the hunt and what I got from the board just added to my pain......I figured I didn't need anymore of that. But it seems like you don't get as much flake if your hunt was perfect.
Thanks for all the nice things you have and others have said.....I did miss the board. Its a great place to vent and exchange ideas.....Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

You think 8 years is a long wait? I have been chasing elk for 14 and have yet to take a bull so take that

Congrats on the success. I bet you were a bit nervy when there were no guides in camp, etc. I know I would have been wondering what the heck I got myself into. Sure am glad it all panned out for you.
wear in southwest ohio are u from?
Old 10-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

CONGRATS!!! I Love going out for elk. Thats a beauty of a bull. Great story
Old 10-04-2008, 07:27 PM

I didn't read it all but I seen the pictures. Must be nice..

[:'(]

Quick Reply: Hunt of a Lifetime!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.