Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 why dont they do it? >

why dont they do it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why dont they do it?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:07 PM

Default RE: why dont they do it?

I could see not gutting them right away if they were gonna get butchered within a few hours of kill, but I would be interested to know what the logic is behind it otherwise.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Thats right, i think allot are bone hunters and give the deer away for the most part. Also if it is cold enough where they are you have allot more time to worry about gutting the animal.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Political Correctness" of the footage
Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Spike

I have wondered that to. I also dislike how they find the deer then turn the camra back on to show them walking up to it like they have just found it but the camera man is already behind the animal.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

how ironic would it be if some of these big time professional hunters didn't even like deer meat?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i saw lee shoot a buck in the morning
in the afternoon i would say around 3 or 5 his buddy shot one a good time after dark i mean pitch black they had both bucks un gutted sitting next to the other guy and lee. and they where wearing teeshirts i think it was a early hunt say oct or maybe sept.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I've left deer overnight before....and gutted them the next day. The meat is just fine.

I think the deer (sans being field dressed) is more photogenic. I take all my harvest photos before I field dress.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Default RE: why don't they do it?

That is something that has bothered forever. Not only do they not gut it, they leave them laying until dark. It doesn't matter when they shoot it, it doesn't t get retrieved until after dark. I would bet that nearly all of these deer are just discarded. They want footage of big racks and they see $$$$$, that's all.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think it is ok to leave the deer for some time but if you do not need to why now waiting and takeing some pics is one thing. I am thinking about letting my butcher do it because i think i could get it loaded up and at his door before i get it done. But i want to know how to do it.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've left deer overnight before....and gutted them the next day. The meat is just fine.

I think the deer (sans being field dressed) is more photogenic. I take all my harvest photos before I field dress.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: why don't they do it?

Guys....these charges are simply unwarranted and unsubstantiated.

My guess is outfitters have PLENTY of people that are looking for the meat. homeless shelters.....neighbors.....the lodge, itself.

I think painting an unethical picture without substantiation is a little harsh.

Quick Reply: why dont they do it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.