Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My first Elk hunt experience with pictures >

My first Elk hunt experience with pictures

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first Elk hunt experience with pictures

Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My first Elk hunt experience

Sounds like a great time!!!! Very good read!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dave, I was anticipating this post. Thank you so much for sharing your hunt with us. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad you had a great time in the good Ole USA. I'm sad you didn't get a bull but that is truly hunting. I hope you come back sometime. I can put you up on a whitetail hunt or spring gobbler hunt.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob , it truly was a great time and will definately be back to get that Big Bull i jumped on the last days hunting . I will take you upon that hunt sometime for sure .
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that is the rest of the story. Thanks Dave, it was a pleasure hunting with you! I truly look forward to your return. With a few new dots connected, and in your pocket, I'm sure the rest will come easier next time. I see a bull in your future!

All in all, we had 14 hunters from Colo.(1), Mass.(2), Ill.(5), Minn.(2), Wis.(2), and the UK (2)takea 7x6bull and a 5x5 bull.Four additional 6x6 bulls were cleanly missed as was a cow. Everyone in camp had opportunities. Those opportunities, for some,never panned out (for various reasons). There's always next year!

We hunted in the Holy Cross Wilderness Area of Colorado. The ATVs were simply used to move people from Point A to PointB (if they desired). They are prohibited from leaving marked/designatedtrails. Since there are only three roads going into and out of this area,the ATVssaw very little action. This hunt was very much a "lay boot leather down" spot and stalk style hunt. We hunted elevations ranging from 9500 feet to 13,000 feet above sea level.

Here's a photo of Gary Rawlings surveying the vastness of this wilderness area. The second photo shows the scenery looking down from timberline.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Will, fantastic photos as always.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last but not least , i found the American ladies very likeable .
Bailsuk, I expected that comment out of you!!

Great pics man and I'm glad you enjoyed the great experience of elk hunting!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story. I sure do miss being in Co. I live there for 7 years and just loved it. We just went back there this summer to see family and I was just in aw with the beauty of Co. After leaving Co many years ago you appreciate it more when you go back. Where in Co where you???
Old 10-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

We were in the Holy cross mountain region , near Leadville . It was the most amazing place i have ever seen .
Old 10-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Schultzy,

We nearly lost Dave a number of times to US ladies-had him married at least three times. There is something about a drooling ginger headed brit with an accent our lassies seem to like. It may be a case of "lost puppy" syndrome though...lol (he was lost a lot)
Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first Elk hunt experience with pictures

Thanks for the pics and congrats to the kills, I can't wait for my first elk hunt

Quick Reply: My first Elk hunt experience with pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.