Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nice "Doe"!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Nice "Doe"!

Just wondering....

Has anyone ever had a friend....hunting partner....etc...tell them they'd just shot a "doe"......and when you ge tto the animal..find out it's a BB?

I'm wondering if anyone has any funny stories about photos w/ the "doe"....etc...?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nice "Doe"!

Happens all the time especially during firearms seasons. Most the guys I know just say they shot a slickhead or a topless deer.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

More times than I can count. It was usually a case of seeing deer-shooting deer. I just congratulate them and help with the drag. No sense beating them up over it, if they are happy, so am I.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Just wondering....

Has anyone ever had a friend....hunting partner....etc...tell them they'd just shot a "doe"......and when you get to the animal..find out it's a BB?

I'm wondering if anyone has any funny stories about photos w/ the "doe"....etc...?
Jeff,
I shot one a few years ago that went about 180# on the hoof, that had a small little spike and a tiny fork on the other side, so small that you couldn't see them with ears in most positions. HE was about 3.5 yrs old, and was travelling with a group of does and fawns, and when I shot him I thought I was shooting the "biggest doe" of the bunch!!! He was quite healthy but he wasn't very well endowed hornwise or otherwise, had very small testicles probably the size of avg acorns, and a very small penis as well, I wonder if it wasn't a hermaphrodite or something to this day, because it certainly wasn't a NORMAL 3.5yr old deer!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heck yes!! My 1st deer I thought was a doe, ended up being a doe fawn. My 4th deer I also thought was a doe, ended up being a doe fawn also.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think alot of casual hunters use the term "doe" in place of "antlerless."
Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 years ago I broke in my new bow on what I thought was a doe. Stuff happens once in a while
Old 10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stuff does happen, last year me and my buddy doubled up on "does" one night...Deer management out the window...[8D]
Old 10-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't think I'm making fun of guys who shoot BB's. I'm not. Not at all.

I recall a couple years ago a guy in the Mathews forum posting up a photo of his "doe" for the contest (contest counts does, too). You guessed it.

THAT'S what I'm talking about. I'm wondering if you've encountered hunters who couldn't tell the difference.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

You mean AFTER they kill them??

Quick Reply: Nice "Doe"!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.