Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

god hates me

Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 PM

Default god hates me

well, i got permission to take some does out of a clover field that i hunt. i put a stand at the far corner, last night the wind was in my face. well, 5 HUGE does and 4 'peanuts' as we call them come out and start working there way towards me.

the get about 70 yds....and the wind changes. i start to feel it on the back of my ear....oh CRAP!!

the biggest doe...id guess to be abot 140 throws her nose up and takes off....along with the rest of em

the wind did this tonight to!!!!! starts blowing the opposite direction about 30 mins before dark. idk what to do.

i did end up puttinga ground blind on the side, so the wind should be blowing down the headrow..

try that tomm night i guess

idk what else to do
Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: god hates me

If God HATES you?.......you'll know it.[:-]

I'd just call this a case of a bad weatherman.........
Old 09-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

No no, you've got it wrong. God loves you, but Mother Nature can be a real...... well, you know.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya if god hates you the wind would blow every direction and your camo would turn hot pink.
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

If God HATES you?.......you'll know it.[:-]

I'd just call this a case of a bad weatherman.........
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya them old feminest woman can be real .............
ORIGINAL: LittleChief

No no, you've got it wrong. God loves you, but Mother Nature can be a real...... well, you know.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could always try a shower or maybe wash your clothes.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

you're walking around healthy with the opportunity to hunt andenjoy God's work...and He hates you?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shawn,
You need a better scent control strategy!!! And when I say that, I mean a REALLY DEDICATED stategy. I was ALL of my clothes in scent-free detergent, use only scent-free softener and dryer sheets, keep my boots in the box they were bought in, and put them on and take them off at my hunting site. I ALWAYS wear a facemask (lt. wt. neck gaiter) that at a minimum covers my mouth, and the back of my head and ears, and I spray off with a little autumn blend cover scent that really does tend ot smell llike the woods. I wear scent-suppressing base layer under my hunting clothses, and I usually use a little buck urine for my cover. Look over your scent control strategy, and modify what you can, and then re-assess. I HONESTLY pay little attention to the wind, and I get near a LOT of deer.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

So just becuase a couple deer spook becuase of yer smelly butt.....yer blaming it on God??
Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

god hates me

God loves you

But seriously, try washing your clothes with scent free wash, take a scent free shower, dry off with a scent free towel. The whole 9 yards. It really does help when the wind's not so perfect..

Quick Reply: god hates me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.