Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are They Really That Smart??? >

Are They Really That Smart???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are They Really That Smart???

Old 09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default Are They Really That Smart???

hey guys, just curious as to what some of you think about this. i just watched a couple hunting shows on tv and some of these shows try to make out deer to be rocket scientists, i mean i know they're an intelligent animal but come on. so, how smart do yall think they are?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are They Really That Smart???

How many big bucks do you have on your wall? That may answer your own question
Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

A Deer is a quadrupedal animal native to Earth. They usually inhabit forests, and are herbivores.
In 1957, when a team of Vulcans crash landed on Earth, their scanners detected two life signs approaching, and thought they were Humans. They were in fact deer, to which T'Mir commented "fascinating." As they hadn't eaten in several days, Mestral considered capturing one and eating it, as it could sustain them for several days. However, Stron was disgusted at the thought of eating meat. (ENT: "Carbon Creek")
A deer appeared in Commander Chakotay's akoonah-induced dreams. He was hunting the deer through USS Voyager's corridors with a spear. In the ship's mess hall, the deer morphed into a member of the dream species. (VOY: "Waking Moments")
Retrieved from "http://memory-alpha.org/en/wik[/align]
Old 09-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never underestimate the intelligence or more importantly the instincts of a whitetail.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

If there that damn stupid everybody would have mature bucks hanging on there walls every where. A 4.5+ year old whitetail Is In a class of It's own. Anything younger doesn't compare IMO.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buckeye

How many big bucks do you have on your wall? That may answer your own question
Great point. Especially deer over 3 y/o. I have two nice bucks on the wall (gun kills []), but they're young deer.Not aseducated as their father or grandfather.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure how "smart" they are. You don't see them buildingtraps for hunters or anything like that. Heck, i had one run into the side of my car. IMO, what they do have is one heck of a survival instinct
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob nailed it. It has nothing to do with "intelligence". I certainly don't ever expect to see a P & Y buck passing a chemistry test. It is all about instinct. Some of the finest football players on the field excel because they don't "think" about the play, they "react" to the play. It is all instinct. If we followed our "gut" more often, we would look more intelligent, too. Don't believe me? Sit outside a bar after last call. After six beers, a man "knows" everything, but his instincts and reactions are dulled. Who is he taking home? I rest my case.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM

Way too much credit is given to them. IMO, lack of wallhangers has more to do with lack of mature animals in one's area than a mature buck being "super smart".
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

Way too much credit is given to them. IMO, lack of wallhangers has more to do with lack of mature animals in one's area than a mature buck being "super smart".
Post up your trophy wall of 4.5+ year old bucks We all know they are in MO.

Quick Reply: Are They Really That Smart???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.