Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Sharpness

Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rage Sharpness

Since I know these blades get a lot of disscussion here I searched for this topic before posting this, but I can never seem to get my search narrowed down enough. So here I am:

I justgot a pack of 2bladeRage heads this weekend. I was so pumped that as soon as I gotin the truckI opened the package to check'em out. My excitement got the best of me, as when I opened one of the blades from the locked position, it slipped andmy thumb ran accross the blade. Iimmediately grabed my thumb and was ready to start cursing when I looked and realized it hadn't done anything! Not even a mark. I examined all of the blades and they don't look too sharp.

I calledRage and they said that they should be good to go out of the pack and require no sharpening. She said I could return them and trya new batch if I needed to.I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the Rage blades being dull? Also, if you've had to sharpen them, what's the best way todo this?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rage Sharpness

A dull rage will scare a deer so bad it will slit its own throat and leaving a blood trail a color blind, nearsighted deaf mute could follow in the dark.[8D]
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM

no rage rocks right out pf package 3inch slice in myblack bear
Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

A dull rage will scare a deer so bad it will slit its own throat and leaving a blood trail a color blind, nearsighted deaf mute could follow in the dark.[8D]
That's about accurate. Not sure why being deaf and mute would help or hinder bloodtrailing......but the rest I'll buy.

And heck....that's (the above)coming from someone who's never tried the head!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I've had rage pass through a deer and cut myself after. They come sharp out of the package. maybe you have a defective pack.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Funny you brought this up, I killed two last year with Rages and didn't notice any problems but last night I was screwing some new ones on my hunting arrows and noticed they were sharp but not as much as my slick tricks according to my scientific rubber band test [:-]. I ran a sharpener across them a time or two and now they're ready to go. They were probably ok to begin with but I like 'em scary sharp
Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure that you weren't messing with the blue one? Look out that one is the sharpest. JK
Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That's about accurate. Not sure why being deaf and mute would help or hinder bloodtrailing......but the rest I'll buy.

A friend of mine killed two last weekjust by driving past a field they were standing in, and he just had them lying on the truck seat.[:-]

Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

A friend of mine killed two last weekjust by driving past a field they were standing in, and he just had them lying on the truck seat.[:-]

Funny you should say that. My local shop charges $450 for them. $35 for the heads and $415 for the mount
Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Mine weren't as sharp as they could have been either, but they are still sharp and will def. get the job done...

Quick Reply: Rage Sharpness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.