Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HUNTING LAND - WHAT DO YOU HUNT ?? >

HUNTING LAND - WHAT DO YOU HUNT ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HUNTING LAND - WHAT DO YOU HUNT ??

Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HUNTING LAND - WHAT DO YOU HUNT ??

Private, I am the only one to have permission to be on his land.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The land I hunt Is owned by my dad. 160 acres- 60 acres Is agriculture, 100 acres Is woods.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 AM

All of the above.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Spike

I hunt mostly private land with permission, but I also hunt on some public state land. I have a state campground that is bow only and it is overloaded with does. This works out because i can focus on hunting does when I hunt public. On my other props i can let does walk and be picky with my shots. It also allows me to mix things up and not overhunt any of my private tracts.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

99% of the time I huntprivate land with permission. I turkey hunt public ground a littleand may make a trip there this coming weekend.

I would prefer to my own land, but being a college student I can't afford it. I love hunting private ground, but in many of the cases I don't know who will show up. It's hard to control a piece of ground you don't own. Usually someone new shows up every other year, hunt it/screw me up, then leave.It's frustrating but I'm just glad I have somewhere to go. I have a buddy who just lost his one and only spot on private ground. He may not hunt this season.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

#3 and #4, or what ever is available.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

All the above EXCEPT lease. Before I moved to the western part of the state I hunted exclusively private land since there wasn't much public land in the eastern half, and what was there was overrun. Now I have the National Forests and State WMAs but not as much private land.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

i am a member of a coupla game farm/preserves. fair chase and man alove is it beautiful there!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Private. My wife and I got married at a B&B that is on about 180 acres and once I got to know the owner I got permission to hunt both of his farms...total of about 375 acres. I do some odds and ends jobs for him around the farm and we hit it off pretty well and now I "manage" both farms for hunting purposes. Folks contact him about hunting and he points them to me for a decision. I'm not an easy sell and so far it's just myself and one other person hunting each farm...with only me hunting both.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

A combination of #2 and #4. I own my own land and have permission from the (out of state) owner to hunt the surrounding land (as long as I look after it for him).

Quick Reply: HUNTING LAND - WHAT DO YOU HUNT ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.