Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech vs. Mathews >

Bowtech vs. Mathews

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech vs. Mathews

Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech vs. Mathews

Well I shot the Bowtec’s and some Matthews and the hoyts just felt better to me. Now I only shot them each a few times and narrowed it down to the Katara and the Vetrix, I felt a little vibration with the katara (with out the stabilizer) but the vetrix was dead and seemed to pull back easier. I know… katara was probably set at the high poundage… The vetrix isn’t the fastest bow by far buy it is very smooth and I can shoot it all day at 65 #

I am not a speed freak, I do like a fast arrow but what I like is the kinetic energy transfer from arrow to game… and you don’t need a super fats bow to accomplish that. Now for 3D leagues maybe a faster bow is better so you only need 1 pin. But I can’t justify owning 2 800.00 bows! I would have to sell my H.D.Fatboy…
Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

I'VE shot both and i am more impressed with my mathews than bowtech
smoother amd lighter!!!!!!!

i had a bowtech mighty mite and now the mathews drenalin
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have to go with the Mathews. It feels better in my hand. I also like the way it draws better, I like a smoother draw. I will take that over all out speed any day. Also My LD is deadly accurate!!! And after taking my DXT out to a 3-d shoot a few weeks ago I found out how good that little bow can shoot too.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

I voted Other, because, that's what I have, Other! Maybe one day I will have the cash flow to afford one of those fancy bows, just not right now. How about that economy!!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

come on rob, let the boys have some fun, we both know that bowtech is better hands down, right?
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a Switchback for 2.5 years. It shot great and I killed a bunch of deer with it. I needed a longer draw length bow than what the 30" Switchback could do. I shot the Drenalin LD and the BT Commander. The Commander just felt better all the way around. I loved it from the first arrow. Plus it was brand new and I got it for $500! Easy decision there!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 AM

I love my bowtech ally. It's the best shooting bow I've ever had. I wouldn't go to anyother brand now. It's quite, fast and deadly accurate. I love it.