Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GMMAT don't show Lisa this one......... >

GMMAT don't show Lisa this one.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GMMAT don't show Lisa this one.........

Old 09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default GMMAT don't show Lisa this one.........

You guys still climbing with climbing stands and not using a harness on the way up AND down??YOU'RE NUTS.
(Not implying that you don't Jeff)

http://www.yourdailyjournal.com/articles/2008/09/25/news/news09.txt
Old 09-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: GMMAT don't show Lisa this one.........

I would if I used the one you and GMMAT use, in my Ol'man I'm not worried one bit. I secure it once at my destination height and unbuckle it when I'm position to climb down.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lot of good the harness he had on did him... looks like he forgot one small little detail: hooking up.

It really is amazing how many people I know STILL don't use a harness -- at ANY time.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I would if I used the one you and GMMAT use, in my Ol'man I'm not worried one bit. I secure it once at my destination height and unbuckle it when I'm position to climb down.
So you're willing to trust your whole life to a 10+yr old $200 hunk of steel just because you feel it's bulletproof?
Not me brother.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

the issues with not wearing a safty harness worry me everytime i climp a stand. One reason why mine is a 12 foot ladder. stand but due to my size i can not find one to fit me. The hss system should but it is about 80 pounds under my weight.
When i get down to the weight it is said to hold i will get one.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

the issues with not wearing a safty harness worry me everytime i climp a stand. One reason why mine is a 12 foot ladder. stand but due to my size i can not find one to fit me. The hss system should but it is about 80 pounds under my weight.
Tim

With all that cushioning you have...you don't need one anyway.[8D]
Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

Lets see 12 feet high +your weight (any weight for that matter) = possible broken neck = death or paralized. At least get a rope and tie it around you just incase.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I don't understand. I timed myself one time, using/not using the harness on the way up the tree with a climber stand. Having it attached and sliding up the tree while climbing took an extra 2 minutes to get to my height. That's it. 2 extra minutes, just sliding the rope up the tree and re-tightening it to make the next move up with the stand. That 2 minutes don't mean anything to me. That harness gets attached to the tree the second I step on the platform.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

I don't understand. I timed myself one time, using/not using the harness on the way up the tree with a climber stand. Having it attached and sliding up the tree while climbing took an extra 2 minutes to get to my height. That's it. 2 extra minutes, just sliding the rope up the tree and re-tightening it to make the next move up with the stand. That 2 minutes don't mean anything to me. That harness gets attached to the tree the second I step on the platform.

Good stuff Mickey!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

I agree they should be used from the moment you leave the ground to the moment you return. But....................I also don't attach my harness to the tree until I am at my desired height. In fact, I found myself still hanging lock on stands this year without using any harness[X(].

Quick Reply: GMMAT don't show Lisa this one.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.