Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2009 Bowtechs have arrived. >

2009 Bowtechs have arrived.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2009 Bowtechs have arrived.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2009 Bowtechs have arrived.

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

So now everyone should be happy that their bows should solidly make the advertised number and some will/should be at the very top just by law of averages.
If you think about it this should also make the 29", 28" on down shooters evern MORE happy because the trickle down affect is that a 29" shooter could conceivably get a bow shooting at the bottom of the 30" speed rating by default.
I'm a 28.5" shooter, so yes, that makes me happy What bows can we expect you to have your hands on first?
Matt's probably going to have them all...LOL Right now, I'm waiting on an Admiral any day as well a Iceman when they are available for shipping.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Admiral is the one I am interested in shooting. Good review Dan.

Shane
Old 09-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darn it all to hell...I thought I had the latest and greatest.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Bows are a lot like computers and electronics. You buy the latest and greatest one day, and before you know it, you're using "old" equipment
Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 AM

Matt/Rob...what's your opinion on the Sentinel? I'm thinking about going with a longer A2A bow this time and it seems this bow fits the bill. Or, any other recommendations for a bow meeting this criteria?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really several changes in just a year on the BowTechs. Cams, Axel retainers, center pivot without bezels, adjustable modules, relocating the string supressor, (I hated where it was previously located on the 08 bows), longer limb bolts, (no bow press required).

Has anyone tersted nock travel as yet on the 09's.

I had some issues with the 82nd Airborne, using the Whammy rest. Trying to properly paper tune this bow using the Whammy and trying to 'prevent' the launcher arms on the rest from making contact with the shelf on the bow. Achieving this,caused the arrow to level quite a bit above the burger buttons and actually placed the d-loop very close to the string supressor. So much so, the blazer vanes were barely clearing the rollers for the cables.
To many variables too close to each other,all working on the edge of tolerance.

I also had screws (even locked with blue Loctite) working loose on my rest, cable guard, from the resonating energy of the string coming into contact with the string supressor.
Would be good if we could convert our 08's, removing the string supressor and using the design on the new 09.

The improvements seems a step forward...however on the other hand, it's troubling tosee 'HOW OLD' in technology a bow that's just one year earlier... is now so 'antique'.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Bows are a lot like computers and electronics. You buy the latest and greatest one day, and before you know it, you're using "old" equipment
I am just happy they are still making the Black Ice. When it goes out of production I will be a little sad.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man those are nice! I can't wait to go out and shoot them one day!!! WOW. I'll be waiting for reviews of the ICEMAN.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Finch

Matt/Rob...what's your opinion on the Sentinel? I'm thinking about going with a longer A2A bow this time and it seems this bow fits the bill. Or, any other recommendations for a bow meeting this criteria?
I ordered this one
Old 09-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Lots of great info. Thanks for sharing guys

rick

Quick Reply: 2009 Bowtechs have arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.