Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone else not excited? >

Anyone else not excited?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else not excited?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone else not excited?

Bow season opensWednesday here. This is the first year ( 23rd season) that I'm not really all that excited about the opener. It's been warm, no crops are out, not seeing much activity to speak of. I've been working 60+ hrs a week since June, so that cut into my driving around in the evenings. I've shot my bow some, but not nearly as much as normal. Here we are less than a week before the opener and I haven't washed any of my hunting clothes. I'll be more excited I'm sure once the leaves start to change and the deer move more. Right now.....not so much.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone else not excited?

I just spent an entire day in the woods yesterday, looking for mast-producing oaks...

Well, I made it through about 150 oak trees and found maybe 4-5 that are putting down acorns. Terrible year for acorn mast in my hunting area.

Bushels of hickory nuts though. My '07oak foodsource stands will be ice cold in '08. I guess that means I'll have to find new ones.

So no, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.More than likely, I'll sit for 4 hours over a puny whiteoak that is barely dropping some meager mast, then I'll retire back to the car - change into something less restrictive - and start hoofing it.

I'm anticipating a solid six-mile hike tomorrow. In the rain. Ugh.

Still better than work though.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:45 PM

Sorry, but I'm excited

I came home from school this weekend and I just walked in the door from doing some final site preparation. Season starts Wednesday, even though I'll be in class[:@]

But Friday when I get out of class, I will make the three hour drive home for the weekend at breakneck speeds, just in time to hunt that evening
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Well, its homecoming week here, going to the one at my old school this week. So im pretty busy with that and parties and afterparties, and my uncles birthday party, and my deer season dont open for like 3 weeks so ya, not that excited yet.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been exited since last year. Indiana bow opener is also wednesday, and I told my professors I won't be in class.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:24 PM

then wait til it hits ya bro!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

It happens buttonbuckmaster! The closer It gets to the rut the more excited I bet you come. It's the way I am anyway.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

BBM ...you are aggravating me [>:] you get to go out in a few days while some of us have to wait 3 weeks!!!! NOW.............GET EXCITED!!!![8D]
Old 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have to say I am the opposite. I cannot wait for the season to open, for this is the 1st year I will bow hunt and deer hunt.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Ehhh...not really excited at all. Our season has been open since 9-15. Haven't even bought a tag yet. I don't know...still bowfishing, and I personally prefer late season hunting to early season. Kinda thought about hunting this evening but no cameramen available...so dismissed that pretty easily. If I had some good spots close to home I think it would be different. I will end up with 50 orso days in a stand before its all over with though.

Quick Reply: Anyone else not excited?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.